I'm planning on riding May 4th. I would like to ride the Centennial trail. 1st in one direction then ride it the other way. I think there is a trail head on hwy 40. Can anyone confirm this ?
If so I figure to meet about 0800 or 8 am.
Anyone interested ?
THIS IS A SATURDAY !
I would love to go but it's a 3 hour drive for me. It's just to much for one day. I wouldn't mind the drive if we could get a group ride and camp out for the weekend.
It's a 2hrs for me to get there. I don't camp anymore. My idea of roughing it is a motel. ;D
Quote from: 1Scorpion on April 13, 2013, 11:01:40 AM
I'm planning on riding May 4th. I would like to ride the Centennial trail. 1st in one direction then ride it the other way. I think there is a trail head on hwy 40. Can anyone confirm this ?
If so I figure to meet about 0800 or 8 am.
Anyone interested ?
THIS IS A SATURDAY !
Yes Roland there is a T.H. on HWY40 & Forest Road 13. The T.H. is located jusy before the paved road turns to dirt.
Will let you know if I will go when it gets closer to the 4th!
Like to go myself , will let you know when it gets closer
I'd like to go. I'll have to see what is going on with Mrs Monkey and the little monkeys that day.
Roland, I noticed that you put the day of the week in there. I guess you did that for me! rolback1
I would have loved to go, but I'm headed for West Va that weekend.
June and I went back to ONF on Friday, camped out, and rode all day Sat. Sat was another 100 mile day for me. About 173 miles for the two days.
I really enjoy it up there and would love to try the Centennial Trail. Maybe next time.
Larry
Yes Larry the day of the week was for you. ;) Sorry you can't make it. But there will be other times. Riding a 173 miles in two days is awsome. You and June are my heros.
Enjoy West Va. see you soon.
Roland
Looks like I may be able to go !! Not sure yet,,, but Its looking good !!!
Quote from: mudbucket2 on April 25, 2013, 08:47:30 PM
Looks like I may be able to go !! Not sure yet,,, but Its looking good !!!
Great ! If the weather doesn't change plan on a little dust.
I'm going to ride rain or shine ! ;D
WE CANNOT MAKE IT THEN, BUT DEF KEEP US IN MIND FOR ANOTHER BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE HAD A GROUP RIDE THE LAST TWO WERE THE TOY RUN AND THE JUGGALO RIDES...ALL GREAT TIMES TOO..
Quote from: susieblazer on April 27, 2013, 02:29:08 PM
WE CANNOT MAKE IT THEN, BUT DEF KEEP US IN MIND FOR ANOTHER BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE HAD A GROUP RIDE THE LAST TWO WERE THE TOY RUN AND THE JUGGALO RIDES...ALL GREAT TIMES TOO..
Sorry you can't make it. I plan on riding there at least once a month maybe more. I'll post up when I'm going. We had a good ride last trip.
What time and what T. H. ? Saturday
I won't be able to make it. It"s my Saturday to work. Hopefully next time!
Quote from: mudbucket2 on April 28, 2013, 10:02:20 AM
What time and what T. H. ? Saturday
8am At the t.h. off Hwy 40 go south on forest road 13 first t.h. on the left. The sign on Hwy 40 says Big Scrub. But this t.h. is the 1st one you will come to.
We went to check it out today. And WOW ! I like it a lot. There are curves and elevation changes. Even some decent scenery. It did however take longer to ride around the entire trail than expected. So riding it both ways might be a bit much. But we stopped a few times and then checked out Big Scrub campground. I didn't realize they have showers. But there is very little shade there.
It looks like they might get some rain this week I hope so.
Only minus's would be a few blind curves and finding an abandoned suv on the trail just east of forest road 54 in the trail.
We will be back for sure.
Wish I could make it but my fan is a week and a half out I thought I had it fixed and bam it ran hot again. Hopefully next ride I can get to go
Quote from: monkeyonashovel on April 28, 2013, 01:31:35 PM
I won't be able to make it. It"s my Saturday to work. Hopefully next time!
You've got to make money so you can ride. Without you and Kountry23 there. It won't be the same.
And Kountry23 keep your new fan out of the mud.
where is (( fr13 )) ? aka ... if i go i will be coming from hwy 19...
It's right at 7 miles west of SR 19 on US 40. The sign is rather small but you will see it if you look. Larry
I'll try to but them mudholes jump in front of me. rolback1 rolback1
Yo Mudbucket2 ! We are getting rain ,the riding should be awsome. Be sure and bring some rain gear just in case. ;D
You should have no problem finding the T.H. the sign is not big but it is visible.
Well,, my plans for the weekend just got shot to hell......got to work Saturday & Sunday
Quote from: mudbucket2 on May 01, 2013, 06:50:02 PM
Well,, my plans for the weekend just got shot to hell......got to work Saturday & Sunday
I understand. :( I was looking forward to meeting you. My work schedule varies also. Maybe next time.
Is anyone else interested ? Please post up soon. If not I might try riding somewhere else .
Quote from: 1Scorpion on May 02, 2013, 04:53:22 PM
Quote from: mudbucket2 on May 01, 2013, 06:50:02 PM
Well,, my plans for the weekend just got shot to hell......got to work Saturday & Sunday
I understand. :( I was looking forward to meeting you. My work schedule varies also. Maybe next time.
Is anyone else interested ? Please post up soon. If not I might try riding somewhere else .
If you decide to ride some where else Chris and i will be at Croom Saturday.