So where is everybody riding tomorrow looks like i have some spare time and want to do some riding.
i guess no one is riding this weekend lol
Nothing near your area unfortunately :p
I thought about going but I'm not sure of where yet
Well I was thinking maybe 5a
Quote from: trailrider77 on March 22, 2013, 08:30:40 PM
Well I was thinking maybe 5a
Did you ever get a GPS? If you did and you have some saved trails send me your GPX files I have making a custom map for my GPS and i would like to add some trails to it. Any one else have files and would like to send them to me please do. I hope to make a ride there some day and map out some of the trails.
Ya the GPS didn't happen I ended up doing some work to my Atv instead
I have to stay kinda local this weekend and next or I would go
Just sent you a PM Carlos. Definitely going to 5A in the morning at 9:30 AM and will ride all day long. Larry
Croom in the AM!
Quote from: kountry23 on March 22, 2013, 08:28:24 PM
I thought about going but I'm not sure of where yet
Kountry, I see you're in Lakeland, I'm in Polk near I-4/Hwy 27, where are some good places to ride within a couple hours travel?
Or anyone else with some information for that matter.
Thanks in advance.
Well I got stuck having to do somethings tomorrow so me an a buddy of mine are going to Ocala national Forrest on sunday
Quote from: Big Mike on March 23, 2013, 02:04:04 AM
Quote from: kountry23 on March 22, 2013, 08:28:24 PM
I thought about going but I'm not sure of where yet
Kountry, I see you're in Lakeland, I'm in Polk near I-4/Hwy 27, where are some good places to ride within a couple hours travel?
Or anyone else with some information for that matter.
Thanks in advance.
Croom near brooksville it's a 2600 acre state park. yearly fee 60.00. http://www.floridaforestservice.com/state_forests/croom_motorcycle_area.html (http://www.floridaforestservice.com/state_forests/croom_motorcycle_area.html)
A lot of people ride at 5A. it's an open area of land near scottsmoor fl.
If it keeps raining like this we will be able to ride jet skis at croom I'm flooding out here lol
Headed to Rancho if anybody wants to go!!!!!! Should be there about 11am.
Maybe
Damn u Steve now u invite lol I can't make it today but a couple of us are going to Ocala tomorrow if you would like to join
Quote from: trailrider77 on March 23, 2013, 01:20:51 PM
Damn u Steve now u invite lol I can't make it today but a couple of us are going to Ocala tomorrow if you would like to join
Sorry about that Carlos!! What trails you plan on riding, north or south trails?
Don't know yet never been there before
What time ya'll headed up that way?
We are think meeting at i75 and hwy 50 around 9
Pm me your # & i'll let you know later today, got check with the wife & see what she has planned-she's still sleeping & i would rather wake up a bear then her!!!!!! lmao!!!!!!!!
Lol
Im telling on you Steve! Have fun today. I got to sit this weekend out.
You'd better check the weather radar Carlos! Looks like its gonna rain just after you get to Ocala according to the rain forecast simulation & last til about 3 pm. Just too far of a drive to get rained out for me to go.
Ya I just called my buddy and cancelled it looks like its gonna get nasty out there
Yep sure does!!!!!!! Let me know the next time you plan to go up there & ride, I'll try to go along!
I will be down and out for a while. One banged up body and 800 plus in damage to the quad. Steve even if you where there this time you could not have saved me. Merle I wish you would have been there then I would have video! :banghead.gif Took the sport quad out on Sat and went into the large mine pit with the steep hills at Croom. There was one of the trails which goes up and out of the pit at the top its almost vertical for the last several feet. Got about three feet from the top and the right front tire caught the edge of the cut in the wall. Because I was at an almost vertical point the front end cam over and the quad back flipped. :O I was thrown hit the ground then only to get the quad handle bars which a friend said pan caked on my left lower back as it rolled and cartwheel down the hill and over me. The friend wanted to get medics I told him no I was leaving under my own power. A paramedic did look when I got back to my truck and suggested I go to the hospital I can not help it I am stubborn. Today my neck, back and right leg a feeling like hell. :Dead.gif :ouch.gif
Hope to ride soon think for now I will stick to the utility quad! :'(
Other than being sore its good to hear your ok TJ!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like it could have been worse. The wheeler can be fixed alot easier than you.
Dang it TJ i always miss all the fun.. You always do the fun stuff when i'm not there... Seriously though i'm glad you were able to walk away from it.. Take it easy and heal up so we can go riding. Just think of what it might have been if you didn't have on the chest protector.
Be glad it wasn't the 800 that landed on you...
Dang sounded like a wild ride glad to hear your ok. Guess sat was not the day for riding I lost it on one of ours and took out a fence pole along with front plastics cv axel lower control arm and radiator
Quote from: kountry23 on March 24, 2013, 11:11:30 PM
Dang sounded like a wild ride glad to hear your ok. Guess sat was not the day for riding I lost it on one of ours and took out a fence pole along with front plastics cv axel lower control arm and radiator
Well the bike is messed up.. How are you?
Well thats it!!!!!!!!!!!! TJ & Treavor ya'll can no longer go riding without ADULT supervision!!!
LMFAO!!!!!! Hope your ok tooo Treavor.
TJ and Trevor... If you don't want to ride with me just say so. You don't have to wreck your quads to get out of riding with me.... :'(
Damn guys glad I didn't ride seemed like a very expensive weekend but glad everyone walk away
I'm come out ok was just a Lil sore this morning. I'm going back to rideing with a group I can't be trusted alone
Quote from: SMP63 on March 24, 2013, 11:50:03 PM
Well thats it!!!!!!!!!!!! TJ & Treavor ya'll can no longer go riding without ADULT supervision!!!
LMFAO!!!!!! Hope your ok tooo Treavor.
Steve that's prob what my wife is thinking she just keeps shaking her head. My mom and dad came over to check on me and the first thing out of my moms mouth was your not 20 any more! Mom knows best! Well my dad just called me a dumb ass. 8)
I thought for sure Lori would have been busting your chops TJ!! I'm sure she'll start with the wise cracks soon. I hope you & Treavor had Ins. on the wheelers to help offset the cost of repairs.
Well just got a price on what I need and not as bad as I thought gonna cost me 200 to fix it cause I'm gonna plastic weld the front body clip back in place for now
What is it with Croom here lately I rolled mine a couple weeks ago no damage to the quad and as usual I was alone and I dont want to hear all the comments on how on safe that is. The self recovery to flip the beast was fun
Quote from: zephyr on March 25, 2013, 04:16:06 PM
What is it with Croom here lately I rolled mine a couple weeks ago no damage to the quad and as usual I was alone and I dont want to hear all the comments on how on safe that is. The self recovery to flip the beast was fun
Took a close look today, Damaged steering stem, mounts handle bars and right side controls, if I upgrade to lone star and better bars and brackets 800 dollars, or I find used stuff on Ebay less than 250.
Oh by the way Zephyr my quads are trained to land on all fours and upright, just as it did on Sat. <nanaparty>
Tj said "Oh by the way Zephyr my quads are trained to land on all fours and upright, just as it did on Sat."
Mine is trained to land on all fours too!!! LOL
(http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af167/Thunderdually/turn-over-1_zps495d613c.png)
And this is why I like to play in the mud lol
Quote from: Thunderdually on March 25, 2013, 08:47:44 PM
Tj said "Oh by the way Zephyr my quads are trained to land on all fours and upright, just as it did on Sat."
Mine is trained to land on all fours too!!! LOL
(http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af167/Thunderdually/turn-over-1_zps495d613c.png)
I heard Polaris had good brakes but, WOW!!!! I just can't figure out how it ended up like that ? Cool pic though wish I could have seen that in person.
I got to close a look at it LOL. I was following my son up the hill it was misting and the trail was slick so I had it in 4 wheel drive. My quad slid down to the right and the front wheel caught the side and climbed up the side throwing me backwards. I landed flat on my back looked up and the quad was coming down on top of me. since I was on my back I just put my feet up against the seat and pushed. The quad flipped over me and came down on it's nose and landed in the position you see it in.
Lucky you. It looks like it could have been much worse.
You were lucky