ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: trailrider77 on February 15, 2013, 03:44:50 AM

Title: GPS?
Post by: trailrider77 on February 15, 2013, 03:44:50 AM
So what gps is everyone using im in the market for one and not sure which one to get.
Title: Re: GPS?
Post by: Thunderdually on February 15, 2013, 11:44:39 AM
I bought a refurbished Magellan triton 2000 . It's last years model but it works great for what I need it for.. It has a 2 mega pixel camera, Voice recorder and flashlight, Color touch screen.  It's selling for $171.41 right now. There are lower priced models available. http://www.magellangps.com/Products/Outdoor-Refurbished-GPS-Units (http://www.magellangps.com/Products/Outdoor-Refurbished-GPS-Units)
Title: Re: GPS?
Post by: SMP63 on February 15, 2013, 12:55:33 PM
I use a Garmin E-Trex.  Easy to use.  Cheap price.  Gets me back to the truck!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: GPS?
Post by: Anoriginal on February 15, 2013, 02:15:20 PM
I mostly use this...


(http://i.imgur.com/kmlPtLy.jpg)
Title: Re: GPS?
Post by: asmart82 on February 15, 2013, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on February 15, 2013, 02:15:20 PM
I mostly use this...


(http://i.imgur.com/kmlPtLy.jpg)

That looks extremely difficult to operate.  You probably need an advanced technical degree for that type of GPS.
Title: Re: GPS?
Post by: Thunderdually on February 15, 2013, 03:34:49 PM
The problem with an old style GPS such as that, is it often leads you here.  (http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af167/Thunderdually/images_zps11007101.jpg)   ;D  ;)
Title: Re: GPS?
Post by: trailrider77 on February 15, 2013, 03:40:12 PM
Quote from: Thunderdually on February 15, 2013, 03:34:49 PM
The problem with an old style GPS such as that, is it often leads you here.  (http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af167/Thunderdually/images_zps11007101.jpg)   ;D  ;)
Lmao
Title: Re: GPS?
Post by: patches206 on February 15, 2013, 05:47:00 PM
Matt when is the last time you road, because that one is clean yours  should be dusty and have cob webs from non use. :dunno.gif  Next weekend sounds like a camp out group ride at Croom is developing, dust it off and use it, GET IT RAG! <nanaparty>
Title: Re: GPS?
Post by: Anoriginal on February 15, 2013, 10:04:11 PM
Actually riding already next weekend. Headed to my place in the glades. I have my bike apart right now. Cleaning the carbs and installing a new axle.

I want to come try out the toilet in your toy hauler.  ;)