I am going to be cooking a rear leg of deer meat on my grill/smoker & looking for a good marinade to soak it in. I will be using hickory & pecan wood mix to smoke it with. Any ideas will be great!!!!!! Thanks!
my suggestion buddy is that u research that on goggle or in 1 of many deer hunting & cooking forums,,,,deer is tastey ive had it before
I use Italian dressing.
Thanks for the replies!!!!!! I ended up using 2 cans of pineapple juice, 7 to 8 oz of worcestershire extra tenderizing sauce, 3 cloves of chopped garlic. Soaked the meat for 3 days turning it about every 12 hours then rubbed it down with extra virgin olive oil & then rapped it in bacon- 1 layer on the bottom & 2 layers on top. Cooked it for about 8 hours without turning it @ a temp. from 150 to 250 degrees, internal temp of meat was 163 degrees when i removed from the grill/smoker. Tender, moist, great flavor, turned out better than i could have hoped for everybody loved it!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: SMP63 on February 03, 2013, 09:45:53 AM
Thanks for the replies!!!!!! I ended up using 2 cans of pineapple juice, 7 to 8 oz of worcestershire extra tenderizing sauce, 3 cloves of chopped garlic. Soaked the meat for 3 days turning it about every 12 hours then rubbed it down with extra virgin olive oil & then rapped it in bacon- 1 layer on the bottom & 2 layers on top. Cooked it for about 7 hours without turning it @ a temp. from 150 to 225 degrees, internal temp of meat was 163 degrees when i removed from the grill/smoker. Tender, moist, great flavor, turned out better than i could have hoped for everybody loved it!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell, with that much seasoning, it could have been opossum and everybody would have loved it. ;) Now, I'm not much of a venison kind of guy, but when I cook manatee, ... :o
rolback1 The next time you cook some up Diggin let me know, I'd like to give it a try!!!! :K