looking to go ride sometimes next week , i changed jobs , no more night work....woohoo iam off all next week , who wants to go and where ? somewheres close to jax
Well
I didn't answer cause you said somewhere near Jax. Larry
Where area do u guys ride at??
I ride at 5A in Central Florida, exit 231 on I-95. It's free, you don't have to pay to ride there, you don't have to know somebody with a key to a gate.
There's lots of trails which are really dry now, mud if you want it, plenty of water if you want it.
I find that the people who ride there, for the most part, are friendly and very helpful if you get stuck or have some other problem.
If you have a bad attitude or are wanting to fight with everybody, please don't come here!
My wife and I ride there almost every Saturday and sometimes on Sunday too. We are lucky to live so close to this great riding place.
Larry
We ride Rancho, 5A, Croom, Ocala National Forest-north & south trails, Hunt Club up by the St. marks River.
Thanks im gone try to drive to the east coast and check out this place
How's 5A compare to flagler estates? Is it worth the longer drive from jax?
I have only been to 5a one time and it was cool had some nice ridge lines and alot of waterpuddles and in the back there was some nice big shallow ponds to go though. But I am sure I missed some places only being there for one day. But it is a 2 hour drive for me(Jacksonville). Flaglar is only one hour and to me about the same riding.
flagler ....how big is it ? and where is it at ? and what is the cost to ride there ?
I believe Flagler Estates is Hastings. That's the name of the proposed subdivision that never happened, where we ride. I think.
Flagler is Hastings.
thx ...didnt know that , and 5a is alot bigger than hasting !
Quote from: mudbucket2 on January 09, 2013, 03:36:44 PM
flagler ....how big is it ? and where is it at ? and what is the cost to ride there ?
Yes, they are correct. Flagler estates is Hastings.
Anyone want to go to 5A this weekend? 1-12-13
Flagler estates, hastings, and waffletop are the namesi have heard. I would like to get 6-7 riders and check it out again. We more than likely only hit a small part of whole area. We did make all the way to that paved road to yhe north
.
If I get paid before the weekend I might be interested in 5a or even Hastings, but more than likely I'll be exploring Shindler road some more.
Well lets get this first post out of the way! Hello all, new to the area and looking for riding buds. :T Met Ol'Nasty at the gas station before HW and he told me about site. Im down to ride almost any weekend the fish aren't biting.
Welcome to the site bottom ! Ole nasty when did you plan on going to shindler rd. Is it safe parking ?
I have a group of mugs ready to ride out. Thinking sat either shindler or hastings. Should be good with all this rain.
Welcome to the site bottom_out! Where ever I ride it probably won't be until noon or later, I got some stuff to do with my kids. Mudbucket, parking is safe at shindler.
Any solid plans on the weekend riding yet? I'm down with Hastings or Shindler, or really anywhere else. Just let me know.
I will probably stay local and head to shindler. I'll shoot you a text when I figure what time I'm heading out.
I am thinking shindler for sat. I have to take it easy, sunday wahoo trip in south seas.
crewsing what time are you headed out there?
10-2ish, how bout u?
Round noon or so.
when do yall plan on leaving ? (( time )) i could not get there until around 3 are so , have to take wife to airport at 2.30
Unless I break something I'll still probably be out there then.
Not going to make it out there . Going to be to late....... Thinking about going to Hasting tomorrow , anybody wants to go let me know !!