So I actually started to cut and attempt snorkeling my wife's 500. The "how to snorkel a sportsman" link everyone uses doesn't exist anymore.
I got the airbox figured out
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/1029121548.jpg)
but I can't figure out how to do the cvt intake as the starter is kinda in the way.
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/1029121548a.jpg)
Anybody got any pics of this part?
BTW I am gonna go ahead and relocate the radiator too.
All right, so I scrapped my original airbox plan and did something that fit a little better.
a 90deg 1.5" barbed fitting.
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/CIMG1860.jpg)
cut off the threads
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/CIMG1861.jpg)
sand off the barbs
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/CIMG1862.jpg)
and glue into the plexiglass(everything is unglued right now for fitment)
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/CIMG1865.jpg)
I used a fernco 1.5"-1.5" elbow on the cvt intake
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/CIMG1864.jpg)
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/CIMG1863.jpg)
Here is the the CVT intake, exhaust and left side airbox fitting hoses
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/CIMG1868.jpg)
and here is the only way I could figure out how to route the right side of the airbox hose.
(http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/sdn1746/The%20Grizz/CIMG1866.jpg)
That's all I got done today. I plan on wrapping all the hoses in foil tape to protect it from heat.
If or when I decided to cut my Polaris 800 up, my first stop would be Triangle Boys. Look them up on Youtube. That is how I want to roll.
Nice info though. Doing it on your own is brave.
My buddy snorkeled his 500 a while back. He idles thru some deep stuff. If you need any help figuring anything out I can give you his number or you can come check his out. Looks like you about have it knocked out. When I snorkeled my crew it took a while to get all the kinks worked out but it was pretty easy compared to a quad. The 800 I just got has a all jacked up snorkel(they installed) on it. It is nice but for $500 and you install I guess it better be.