So does anybody want to go riding on labor day weekend either that Sat or Sun Sept 1st or 2nd either croom or 5A or anywhere around the area?
If you ever group ride at 5A, my wife and I will be there. Larry
where exactly is 5a trail
Exit 231 on I-95, Stuckway Road. About 10 miles north of Titusville.
Hey guys - is 5A a legal place to ride? I see on a lot of these posts that mention riding there. I would be interested to going there just not looking to get into any trouble etc. I just came back from Durhamtown this past weekend, great riding area, just kinda far to go all the time. What is the terrian like at 5A? ie., all water, mud or is it like Ocala N/F all sand? Thank you for the info.
Lonewolfmlg-It's ok to ride there, all private property thats open to the public!!! It's a mixture of all of the riding conditions you mentioned. Last time I was there it was on the wet side but rideable, had a sport quad in our group!!!!
SMP63 -
Thank you for the information. I would be interested in a group ride being my first time out there and not really knowing the area at all. Keep me mind when you guys go back out that way. I see your in Zephyrhills how long of a drive is it for you to get there? Thanks for the information. Michael
Your welcome Michael. Takes me about 2 hours to get there.
Great ride today with smp63 thanks again steve so I was thinking for a labor day weekend ride how about Ocala
I had fun today Carlos!!!!! Glad you had a good time, it'll be allot better when the water level goes down some. Ocala sounds good to me but will depend on what day you wanna go.
I'm happy to lead the way for any new guys at 5A, I know it pretty well. And I ride a sport, so if you don't want to get wet, I'll show the way through, haha.
As for Labor Day, I would be interested in Ocala. I haven't been on any of the new trail systems, so a weekend with people who know them would be sweet.
As far as Ocala on Labor Day weekend, I am in, barring disaster (sick Sheltie and sick Mother in Law right now, close to both, both not doing well). We could ride the Centennial trail and the Delancy loops, one PM, one AM, just tossing that out for starters.
My last ride of Summer was Centennial Trail with DALEM. 6 trees down that had to be chopped, so someone needs to bring a chainsaw or a bigger axe than we had!
Pretty damn dry and hot but fun.
So it looks like Ocala might be the winner so now the question is what day sat or sunday any of those 2 day are good for me since ill be camping there the whole weekend.
i did centennial 2 weeks ago an it was stiil clear i am going this friday 8/17/12 if any one want to go let me know
so we can we a head count and figure out what day and time would be best for everyone?
anybody going to ride mud muckers labor day week end i will b their friday the 31st
I'll be there either fri night or sat morning. Should have about 4 or 5 bikes in my group.
i can only do friday i have to get home i care for my dad full time fridays my day off have a paided care giver come in that day
I am going to try and make it up to Mud Muckers on Saturday (1st). Anyone else planing on going there? Would rather have some people to ride with, the little lady is unable to ride she has a baby shower and I would rather be riding..lol
well i will b at mud muckers friday 8/31 riding any one riding friday 8/31 ?????
as much as i hate to have to do this i wont be able to make it this weekend as i blew the engine on my truck this weeekend hopefuly i will be to get a truck asap and ride out with everyone soon.
That sucks Carlos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am still deciding where to go Saturday AM on Labor Day weekend, either Mud Muckers or 5-A or Ocala. Will be there early. All 1-2 hours away. Any commitments? Its been touch and go here this week but Saturday looks like the day.
Come on down to 5A Jim! We'll see if we can get my new Grizzly 550 stuck in the mud. You're an expert at doing that! rolback1
Larry
Just might do it. Will let you know before PM tomorrow. Who all is coming besides us?
I'm stuck in VA until further notice, otherwise I would come! Hoping to ride Ocala Monday if I'm home in time...
Quote from: Mingy on August 30, 2012, 09:50:28 PM
Who all is coming besides us?
I don't know of anybody else that's coming except my wife. However, I join up with other riders just about every week and do small group rides. Most of the riders at 5A never heard of this forum.
Last Saturday one of our 300s was in the shop and my wife and I rode on the other 300. We saw a father and son unloading and noticed that they had Palm Beach County license plates on their truck. We started talking to them and ended up in a little three ATV group ride. We rode all day long and didn't leave till around 6PM. It was a small group but was a very fun day.
What about Mudbucket ? He usually comes down when you do. I like riding with you two cause you get here around 7AM before it gets too hot.
If you can't make it tomorrow, then we'll do it another day.
Larry
Quote from: strubby on August 30, 2012, 10:18:49 PM
I'm stuck in VA until further notice, otherwise I would come! Hoping to ride Ocala Monday if I'm home in time...
It would have been nice to have you join us on Saturday Kyle. One of these Saturdays we'll both make it out on the same day. :ThumbsUp.gif
Larry
Larry:
I will be down tomorrow and will get there by 8:00 at latest; I'd prefer 7:00 but I cannot get everything (non-atv related) done tonight in time. Hope to hook up with you guys and want to ride unitl around 2:30 and leave by 3:00 PM, have a birthday party to go to Sat night, Westside Jax.
And no, I am not going into the power lines to get stuuuuuck BUT I would like to ride all the ridges if you can show me how to get there. I will post to this forum no later than 6:00 AM to confirm or cancel, but I do not think I will have to cancel!
OK Jim,
I will check the computer in the morning before I leave. We can ride the ridges and the trails. We may be able to join up with other riders and have a group ride.
Larry
Larry, the set of ridges back by Rock Lake are clear and a fun ride if Mingy hasn't been that way yet. I checked that route last time I was out.
OK, I'll make sure that we hit them. Thanks Kyle
OK, I am up and functional, will be rolling out at 6. See you soon.
OK Jim, We will keep checking the parking lot for you. Larry
We had a good time yesterday Jim. Thanks for coming down.
20 minutes after you left I got my Grizzly 550 stuck. I went down a trail that I had only been down once before and I mistook a deep hole for the trail. I fell only half way in but the 4-wheel drive couldn't back me out. I walked out to the main trail and waited about 15 minutes till somebody came along and pulled me out. I guess I'll never go for long without needed a tow. :)
We're going out again on Monday but only taking the 550.
Larry & June
PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Quote from: Mingy on September 02, 2012, 11:27:16 AM
PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Very funny! If I don't have a cell phone---then you know I don't have a camera! rolback1
Well Larry get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o Totaly agree Jim!!!! ;)
This is getting to be a very expensive hobby!!!
I need a bigger vehicle to pull my trailer
I need a cell phone for when I get lost or stuck in the mud
and now
I need a camera to take pictures of my mistakes
rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1
i hate all you guys that went riding this weekend while i couldnt lol just kidding glad everyone had a safe and fun weekend should have my new truck up and working by this weekend so hopefully i can ride with everyone soon its no fun riding around in my back yard lol