Smp and I are trying to get a group ride to 5a 6-16-12 (Saturday) anybody else is welcome to join. If interested let us know.
Ask when we get closer. I might be interested :)
I hope you are able to make it out asmart82. Also hope others will be able to ride with us!!!!!!!
I'm new to the forum but have riden 5A a few times and always enjoy it. I will have to play it by ear because i fly in from California the night before.
Sounds good Asmart.
Ariel welcome to the forum. You will prob be pooped from traveling but if your still up for it drive on up.
Welcome to the forum Arielhdz!!!!!! Always glad to see new people joining the site. ;D
Iggy, just got back from a short ride @ The Big R. Still need alot more rain but the main road has gotten real sloppy!! No water running down the creek yet tho. Was out there sunday late afternoon to early am monday. Some guy jumped off in one of the deep holes in a 2500 HD Chevy quad cab. Stuck 5 1/2 hours before getting snatched out. Broke both front cv's & tie rod ends. At one point had 3 trucks in a train & couldn't get it out!! Finaly a guy with an old Ford dually flat bed showed up with 150' ship rope & after about 20 tries got him out.
count me in to ride , only if i dont have to work. i will leave my house about 5.30 are so , puts me there close to 7 .
Sounds good Jim!!!!! Hope to see you there.
5-A, 16 June 2012, count me in, barring disaster. 450 Grizz, green, white F-250 4wd old body style. Runs a bit slower than Mudbucket.
Looking forward to meeting you Mingy!
Definitely won't be there at 7am ;)
We'll work the meet up time out as it gets closer to the 16th. So far i think Iggy is the farthest
away from 5A. It'll take me a couple hours or so to get there.
I can be up there by 9:00am. I figured it be bout 1/2 hour to an hour to get everyone rounded up and ready to go.
Quote from: SMP63 on May 30, 2012, 06:59:30 PM
Welcome to the forum Arielhdz!!!!!! Always glad to see new people joining the site. ;D
Iggy, just got back from a short ride @ The Big R. Still need alot more rain but the main road has gotten real sloppy!! No water running down the creek yet tho. Was out there sunday late afternoon to early am monday. Some guy jumped off in one of the deep holes in a 2500 HD Chevy quad cab. Stuck 5 1/2 hours before getting snatched out. Broke both front cv's & tie rod ends. At one point had 3 trucks in a train & couldn't get it out!! Finaly a guy with an old Ford dually flat bed showed up with 150' ship rope & after about 20 tries got him out.
Thanks for the conditions report (you knew I'd be asking) lol
I would've like to have seen that truck seems like that hole cost him a little more than just time.
Ditto, SMP63. We have some elder care issues and scheduling is iffy sometimes, but other than that, no drama. Should be able to make it. Everything is in good repair, myself included (mostly.) PS I will bring the fried chicken.
I'll bring some sammiches and drinks*
* Includes beer
LMAO!!! Nice fine print Iggy.
Looked like 5A got some good rain yesterday afternon!!!!!!!
Hey everyone. Where is 5a at? Is that a exit or something.. Live down south so I am sure i havnt rode up there...
Exit 231 On I-95. Stuckway Rd. Just north on Titusville.
It's about 3 1/2 hours north of us Pepito. You should try to make it, I got Juanky coming out too.
I live 20 mins from 5A (have ridden there tons), I could probably be out there. You guys all riding utilities? Outlaw 450 MXR here...
Hi Strubby!!!!!! I've only been there twice so if you want to show us around that would be great!! Has it been raining over there much??
Quote from: SMP63 on June 02, 2012, 10:15:59 AM
Hi Strubby!!!!!! I've only been there twice so if you want to show us around that would be great!! Has it been raining over there much??
I can't really comment on the rain as I've been in AL the past week for work. My g/f said it did rain all day yesterday. Hopefully it took care of the dust! I don't know every trail but know my way around pretty well. If you venture off the main trail there is a LOT of riding! I would be glad to show anyone around out there :-)
Waiting on my work. Have to see if I work... But I will try to see if i can go..
I would love to make it. Will see what work has cut out for me. Steve we could probly ride over together or fallow depending if your bring both quads. Let me know.
Hows it been going Jake? Hope you can make it!!! I plan on bringing both wheelers, my son wants to go. Bumped into some old freinds @ the Big R. this afternoon & they are wanting to go also. Looks like it should be a good group ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!! Zephyr (Steve) is also thinking about coming toooo!
Hope all falls into place. Will be out at Rancho Saturday evening. Maybe we will see you then.
Let me know what your E.T.A. is & i will see you there!!!
I'll be out Saturday for sure. If you see a loud red Polaris Outlaw 450 just throw something at me. Preferably not a rock... My g/f will prob be on the back and my buddy with another Outlaw might be riding with.
Sounds good Strubby I will pm you my info...
Quote from: SMP63 on June 04, 2012, 12:14:30 PM
Let me know what your E.T.A. is & i will see you there!!!
Hoping around 5 or 6. Ill give you a call when I find out more. Buddy is supposed to meet us out there but he is one that will be late to his funeral if you know what im saying :D
Quote from: Dirty Brutes on June 06, 2012, 01:44:56 PM
Quote from: SMP63 on June 04, 2012, 12:14:30 PM
Let me know what your E.T.A. is & i will see you there!!!
Hoping around 5 or 6. Ill give you a call when I find out more. Buddy is supposed to meet us out there but he is one that will be late to his funeral if you know what im saying :D
Allrightythen, I'll be waiting for a call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rain rain i think its not going to be dusty at 5a on the 16th . if you like mud i think this is going to be your weekend . iam still plan on leaving @ 5.30am from hardees at 295 and merrill rd.
I was going to head out but with as much rain weve been getting I'm sure the trails are flooded
I'm heading out there today. I'll let you guys know how the trails are. Of course a week from now they could be completely different...
Quote from: strubby on June 10, 2012, 03:19:57 PM
I'm heading out there today. I'll let you guys know how the trails are. Of course a week from now they could be completely different...
How was out there?? Hope you had a good time!!!! Lets have a roll call to see who still plans
on going this Sat.!!!!!!! <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty> <nanaparty>
Should be a good time!!!!!!!!
One word WET! Standing water everywhere but hard bottom. I didn't get stuck once with the girlfriend on the back of the Outlaw. It was a slow ride tho. If it doesn't pour all week it could be perfect for next weekend. I'm still going!
i will be there
Me too.
I plan on getting there between 8am & 9am.
I'll be out there but I got to work in the morning. Probably won't make it till 5pmish.
I just got a service call to go do in Alabama and have to leave in the morning. Because of the drivetime I have a feeling I won't be back in time. :( It would be nice if these things would happen on a Monday ya know?
Ill be there..bringing a youngin with me.. gonna break him in..so if you see a white gmc truck with a yellow 400ex and a honda 250f yell at me..coming from ONF so be there around 9.. see y'all then
is this place good for beginers i would like to bring my daughter out sometime i cant make it tomorrow but i would like to meet up someother time in the near future if someone wants to go.
Welcome to the forum to both of you!!!!!!!! Dirtlove we will be on the look for you. I will be in a 2002 Platinum Dodge 1500 4 door, Mudbucket2 will be in a Black Chevy Z71, I_N_3 should be pulling a U-Haul trailer unless he bought one.
Trailrider77 if its not too busy yes, most of the trails are not that bad!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: strubby on June 14, 2012, 06:56:05 PM
I just got a service call to go do in Alabama and have to leave in the morning. Because of the drivetime I have a feeling I won't be back in time. :( It would be nice if these things would happen on a Monday ya know?
Be thankfull you have a job bro!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean tho, Drive carefull & be safe!!!!!!!
I know! I'm here now, more driving than work. Sure you guys can't re-schedule to Sunday, cuz I'll be back then! haha. I'll prob go out Sunday for the heck of it. I gave my buddy who was gonna ride (and still is) with me Iggy's number so he should be texting him. He drives a green early 90's Chevy 1500 with a red Outlaw (like mine). He said he'd gladly show anyone around out there like I had planned on doing. His name is Shawn and he's a youngin' (21) so cut him some slack for stupid things he may say :R
Quote from: trailrider77 on June 15, 2012, 02:20:06 PM
is this place good for beginers i would like to bring my daughter out sometime i cant make it tomorrow but i would like to meet up someother time in the near future if someone wants to go.
Can you make it on a weekday? If so, it's a ghost town so it would be perfect! However on the weekends it can get a little wild and you should ride cautiously because of others. If you stay on the main trail it is PLENTY large enough that there won't be any issues. If you want to venture off on the side trails (when it's busy), it'd be better when there is someone to lead who's familiar with the trails. (I'll be happy to do so)
Just joined guys! Had to take a nap when I got home ! :)
I got worn out today, but had the greatest time riding with you guys and I can't wait till you all meet at 5A again. Thanks for letting me join you today.
Larry
Welcome to the forum Larry!!!!!!!!!! I must agree on the great time we had. What a super day it was for riding weather wise!! It was nice meeting you Larry, Dirtlover (Derek & youngin),
Mingy (Jim). Its always great to see you Iggy & Carrie (hope I spelled it right) & Jim (Mudbucket2). My son & I found the loud truck we kept hearing. Turned out to be 3 trucks & a jeep named Dirty Sanchez all on 2 1/2 ton running gear with tractor tires. While we were there
one truck slung a rod & just before we left the other 2 trucks & jeep got stuck with no one left to pull them out. They were trying to figure out who they could call to get to come & pull them out. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We need to plan another group ride be it @ 5A, ONF, Osceola, Rancho, Hastings or any other place ya'll can think of!!!!
Absolutely .....great to meet ya'll.. ill be tuning in to find out when the next gathering will be..alittle drier this time? AND WELCOME LARRY...glad to have ya aboard! Your only as old as you allow yourself to be...
Thanks for the welcome guys! It was nice meeting all of you too. Yesterday I felt like a twenty year old!
I will be checking this site for your next get together. I'm at 5A every Saturday being that I only live 8 miles from there.
Larry
Glad everyone had a blast. Hope to make it next time.
We had a great time at 5a. It was nice meeting and riding with everyone Smp mentioned. Gotta get another group ride going soon. Thanks again to dirtlover for showing us around. Also Little blue pill glad to see you joined the forum and used the name we suggested Saturday!!
Hey everyone. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I wish i could have gone... But cant say no to work. Anyone doing any rides this saturday or sunday??? I am off so maybe we can set something up.
Quote from: I_N_3 on June 18, 2012, 01:08:20 AM
Also Little blue pill glad to see you joined the forum and used the name we suggested Saturday!!
Yes, thanks for giving me my log in name ! rolback1
As I said before, I had a great time and really enjoyed it!
pepito113, I don't know where you're from but I ride every Saturday morning at 5A. I love to ride in groups like we did last Saturday.
Larry
Hey Kids:
I think I have PM'ed everyone with contact information. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride Saturday. Those ridges were unlike anything I have ever seen in Florida.
Kicked maximum amount of arse in minimum time.
In July or August I would be up for an out of state trip - I was thinking Hatfield/McCoy trails in WV if we could get a group to go. It might be better to wait, though, until it cools off a bit. Just throwing an idea out there. There are plenty of places to ride in Florida in the meantime.
Thanks all,
Mingy
had fun saturday and nice to meet everyone...((((little blue pill 300)))) larry, nice to have met you,, i see you like to talk smack....lmao... i think you can take dirtlover...lol...had fun have to do it again
i_n_3 just wondering if you were going to post those pic and vid?.......thx
Quote from: mudbucket2 on June 19, 2012, 07:09:18 PM
had fun saturday and nice to meet everyone...((((little blue pill 300)))) larry, nice to have met you,, i see you like to talk smack....lmao... i think you can take dirtlover...lol...had fun have to do it again
Smack ??? OK, I do enjoy talking smack!
We probably won't see dirtlover at 5A again cause he knows next time I'll make him eat my dust! rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1 rolback1
Last Saturday was the best day that I've had in over a year! It was exactly what the doctor ordered. I hope that you guys can put up with me. I'm at 5A every Saturday and would love to ride with you all again.
Larry
Quote from: mudbucket2 on June 19, 2012, 07:12:46 PM
i_n_3 just wondering if you were going to post those pic and vid?.......thx
Didn't get any pics. My g/f was too embarrassed to ask everyone to huddle for group pics. lol
We did however gets some videos of the ridges and some puddles we were going thru. I will see if I can upload to youtube, i've never done this so it may be a bit before it will be available. In the meanwhile I think I can email you the videos if you'd like.
sure send the vids i appreciate it ,,,thanx..... tell your gf to just ask next time...lol... we wont turn into monsters.....lmao
Hey Iggy send me the video toooo if you would please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey everyone im new here and came across this post sounds like a good time out there so when is everyone getting together again.
Realy not sure Trailrider!!!! Just keep an eye on the site for the next group ride!
Quote from: trailrider77 on June 22, 2012, 05:23:37 PM
Hey everyone im new here and came across this post sounds like a good time out there so when is everyone getting together again.
I'll be at 5A Saturday morning around 7:30 AM and would love to have someone to ride with. I go early to beat the heat and the afternoon rains. Larry
Wished I lived closer Larry, I'd be there. You can bet money I'll be @ Rancho tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I wish that all of you lived closer, then we could group ride every weekend. Some days I can't find anybody to ride with and it gets boring riding by yourself.
Maybe in the coming weeks we can do it again. I think that we'll have a larger turn out this time, or at least I hope so.
Larry
Where is Rancho?
West of Zephyrhills on CR-54, 3/4 of mile from HWY-98.
Quote from: SMP63 on June 23, 2012, 01:02:36 PM
West of Zephyrhills on CR-54, 3/4 of mile from HWY-98.
Thats not to far from me do you have to pay a membership or can anybody ride there?
To legaly ride there you have to be a deed owner, guest of a deed owner or Rancho Lot Owner Association member. People do go out there & ride but run the risk of arrest if the law catches them there!!!!
Thanks for the info guess ill have to wait for the next time you guys go out there and share an invite
Welcome to the forum trailrider. What kinda machine do you ride?
I'm a tad bit closer (time wise) to 5a then Rancho but I enjoyed the riding in both places.
I think one more trip to 5a but head south on the main trail this time and then ride Rancho. Give it some time to get some rain and get "slicker" ...
Thanks i_n_3 i have an 07 bigbear 400 i just started riding not to long ago so im sort of a newbie but i enjoy it i love playing in mud and very soon will have my 13 year old daughter joining me ive been to croom its ok but would like to meet up with laid back people to enjoy a nice ride maybe play in some mud and have a good time.
Gotcha. Have you been to 5a before?
No I wanted to go last weekend but I had to go to a wedding
Trail rider I live in Brooksville. We will have to get together with some others and ride.
For sure just let me know
Quote from: SMP63 on June 23, 2012, 01:02:36 PM
West of Zephyrhills on CR-54, 3/4 of mile from HWY-98.
Thanks! I loaded both of my ATVs on my new trailer yesterday and found out that it's really too much for my 4 cylinder Hyundai. I guess I'm going to have to just ride at 5A and wait for you guys to do another group ride here.
Larry
Say a date. Let's get it lined up. I'm ready cause I missed the last ride.
I'll have to leave the date up to the other guys cause they have to travel here. I live 8 miles from 5A and can go anytime. Larry