ATV Florida Forum

General => Group Rides & Events => Topic started by: Mingy on May 15, 2012, 10:05:35 PM

Title: Riding this weekend
Post by: Mingy on May 15, 2012, 10:05:35 PM
Anyone up for a ride in NE Florida this weekend?  From Osceola NF to Osceola.  Can't stray farther than that due to family illness, but could go Sat or Sun.  More of a trail rider than a submariner.

PM me, will be checking.

Mingy
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: Ole Nasty on May 15, 2012, 11:40:24 PM
I'm more of a submariner but I wouldn't mind going to Osceola.  I've never been.
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: cobrap on May 16, 2012, 02:07:56 AM
I might be available.  Let me know when you get some plans together.  Sunday better for me.
I can do either type of riding. 
Thanks !
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: Mingy on May 16, 2012, 02:29:50 AM
How about Sunday then, AM?

Just an hour from Orange Park, and I have to loop north first then west.  No problem to get to it, and it is free.  I have good maps and GPS.

Could meet you guys in in Olustee, or Hog Pen Landing behind Ocean Pond, hell there is a trailhead right there on 90.
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 16, 2012, 05:14:07 PM
if you were riding saturday i could meet up with you, but sunday is not a good day for me . i am more of a trail rider than mud and water , but if you want to get stuck in mud , go for it. ...iam ready just let me know what time......and where to meet up, i will be coming from arlington..
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: Mingy on May 16, 2012, 07:39:13 PM
I think I could do Saturday, AM, Osceola. Family obligations got cancelled, sick people seem stable for now.  How about it Ole Nasty?
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: Mingy on May 17, 2012, 01:32:07 AM
OK mudbucket, how about we meet at 9:00 AM at the Information
building (old RR building) at the light in Olustee, and from there we go to a trailhead, maybe Hog Pen Landing?
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: cobrap on May 17, 2012, 01:54:29 AM
I might be able to jump in on this..  I would just need to be outta there by noon or latest 1.
With this rain, we might find some fun.
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: SMP63 on May 17, 2012, 11:49:32 AM
I hope ya'll have a great ride!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim it'll be a weekend in June before i can do a 5A ride,
I'll keep you posted. One day gonna make it up to Osceola, haven't been there yet!!
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 17, 2012, 04:42:55 PM
9am sounds good , i will be in a black chevy z71, who is driving what and color. i will check back friday night to make sure  who is going ......... does that sound good ?   iam going to stop at the first  rest area on i10 around 8am and wait , would like to meet up there and follow  thx        .....what do you thank ?
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: I_N_3 on May 17, 2012, 05:27:24 PM
Quote from: SMP63 on May 17, 2012, 11:49:32 AM
I hope ya'll have a great ride!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim it'll be a weekend in June before i can do a 5A ride,


This works for me as well...
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: Mingy on May 17, 2012, 10:42:55 PM
This sounds good to me, first rest area I-10, 8:00 AM Saturday.  I'll be there a bit early.  I will be driving a white on red 1997 (old body style) F-250 diesel, black toolbox, cb antenna, 450 Grizz in the back.

You are talking about the rest area between 295 and Baldwin, right?

I will PM my phone number.
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: cobrap on May 19, 2012, 01:22:43 AM
We still on for tomorrow at the information building on 90 in Olustee???
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: Mingy on May 19, 2012, 01:32:30 AM
Yes.  I will meet mudbucket in west Jax at 8:00 or a bit before and haul arse to Olustee.  The old RR building/info center is at the only light in Olustee across from a convenience store, just west of the Olustee battlefield.  We'll circle thru the lot and head straight for a trailhead.  I have to be on my way back to Orange Park at 1:00 but that will give us 3.5-4 hours to ride.
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: cobrap on May 19, 2012, 01:57:46 AM
You'll probably be there around 8 30, then??
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 20, 2012, 06:03:37 PM
had a good ride this weekend , it was nice to meet both of you ((( mingy, cobrap ))). have to do it again , stay intouch , mudbucket2  (( jim ))
Title: Re: Riding this weekend
Post by: cobrap on May 21, 2012, 01:03:39 AM
Good weather, good ride, new friends.  Doesnt get any better than that!