ATV Florida Forum

General => Group Rides & Events => Topic started by: mudbucket2 on May 04, 2012, 08:23:02 PM

Title: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 04, 2012, 08:23:02 PM
like to go ride in osceola , ocala are hasting , ride all day and enjoy the woods. i dont go as much as i like to go but when i get a chance, i go and ride all day. dont like to ride alone anything could happen. let me know who wants to go......jim  iam in jax
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: Ole Nasty on May 04, 2012, 10:09:17 PM
I'm planning on going to Hastings on that day if you wanna meet up.  I won't be out there til about 1100, though.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING) on May 05, 2012, 04:00:24 AM
Couple of us were thinking of riding soon we all could meet up.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 05, 2012, 04:57:28 PM
sounds good to me, i dont care for all the mud and water but if you want to get stuck go for it ...lol.... i like to trail ride . i do like to leave the house around 6 r 7 so we can ride allday. just need to know who is going ? ill be in a black z71 chevy ...hagd
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 09, 2012, 07:39:24 PM
ok who is going , where are we going to meet at , like to meet close to jax , and follow each other down to hasting . i went to hasting a while back and no one showed up. myself i like to get there around 8am are so..... thx
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: Ole Nasty on May 09, 2012, 09:49:19 PM
Like I said, I won't be able to get out there until around 1100 or so.  I'm doing some volunteer work out at the beach until about 930.  I will on a green grizzly and and will have my green sportsman 500 out there too.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: pepito113 on May 10, 2012, 02:21:26 AM
Where is hasting? Is it public land or private land? How much does it cost? Can I get more details please...
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: SMP63 on May 10, 2012, 10:49:19 AM
Hastings is up by Palatka, about a hour northeast of Ocala National Forest. Coming from Miami
on I-95 its exit 305 & then head west. I believe its private land & no cost to ride there, a couple
big power lines run through the area. I don't recall hearing anybody getting hasseled by the law
while riding there as long as you stay off the dirt roads!!!!
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: Ole Nasty on May 10, 2012, 09:22:52 PM
Quote from: pepito113 on May 10, 2012, 02:21:26 AM
Where is hasting? Is it public land or private land? How much does it cost? Can I get more details please...
It's just outside of Palatka.  It's pretty big and it's free.  Here's a map.  I park at "A" and the beginning of the creek I was riding in is at "B".  Some people refer to "B" as "Waffle Top".
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=Beckenger (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=Beckenger) Ave&amp;daddr=Ruby St&amp;geocode=Fav3wwEd1rQk-w;FfiuwwEdqiMl-w&amp;sll=29.609133,-81.458473&amp;sspn=0.021827,0.038581&amp;t=h&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrsp=1&amp;sz=15&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=29.609133,-81.458473&amp;spn=0.021827,0.038581&amp;output=embed<br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: I_N_3 on May 10, 2012, 10:23:37 PM
Pepito if your willing to drive up here one weekend let me know maybe we can caravan up there.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: pepito113 on May 11, 2012, 12:21:58 PM
Are you all riding up there tomorrow? I am down in broward county but Might be able to get away for the day...
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: SMP63 on May 11, 2012, 02:23:21 PM
Whats going on Jim? Would meet you there @ 8 am. but tied up tomorrow. Maybe next time!!!
One day we'll have to get together & ride Osceola.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 11, 2012, 06:24:16 PM
doing good steve (( smp63 )). i got a new job and they are working the sh&^%$ out of me. osceola sounds good to me , but it will be wet in some places. i would like to go back to 5a . there is a lot of land out there. stay intouch and we will ride soon.......   who is going to hasting tomorrow , i will be leaving around 8 , if you want to follow me are meet give me a call ...jim   904 545 6730
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: I_N_3 on May 11, 2012, 06:46:23 PM
We should set up a group ride to 5A.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: SMP63 on May 12, 2012, 12:54:59 AM
Sounds like a plan Jim & Iggy.  Maybe we could all get together @ 5A!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: abrady on May 12, 2012, 01:37:03 AM
Keep me updated on the 5A ride. im going to be out of town for a few weeks for work but would love to get a 5A ride in when i get home. anyone been out there soon? bet it dry as hE//.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: I_N_3 on May 12, 2012, 04:10:13 PM
Abrady sounds good. I'm not sure of the current conditions @ 5A but I do know the rainy season is very close so by the time your back it may not be as dry.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 12, 2012, 05:57:23 PM
((@smp63)) what saturday do you want to go to 5a ? went to hasting this morn , stayed until about 12.30 , dry it was real dry , somebody clean out there freezer and dump all the food by the road , (( rotten )) .......lol           let me know about 5a ?
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: SMP63 on May 13, 2012, 01:16:15 PM
Hope you had fun Jim! Gonna ride Rancho this next Sat.. Got a few people coming to ride. You are more than welcome to come along!!!!!!!  Anybody else want to ride post up!!!!!!!!!!!

I will let you know on 5A ride!!!
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: patches206 on May 14, 2012, 06:14:10 AM
Steve wish I could have to %$#@ work! :'(
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: Ole Nasty on May 14, 2012, 02:50:10 PM
Quote from: mudbucket2 on May 12, 2012, 05:57:23 PM
((@smp63))  went to hasting this morn , stayed until about 12.30 , dry it was real dry , somebody clean out there freezer and dump all the food by the road , (( rotten )) .......lol         

That was F#@kin' sick!  I was dry heaving for half a mile, I had to pull over my eyes were watering so bad.  You must have left right as I was getting there.  Are you on a sport quad or a 4x4?  I got some pics I'm gonna post up later.
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: mudbucket2 on May 14, 2012, 07:39:34 PM
i was on a 2x4 in a black chevy z71 , on the left side was a family with kids and a dog, and on the right side of me was a red ford and behind me was a white ford in the shade...
Title: Re: looking to go ride on saturday 5/12/12
Post by: abrady on May 25, 2012, 05:30:17 PM
i might try hastings this weekend. dont know yet just got in town last night so got to see what the wife has planed for me first. <sofa peeky>