So its 04 my parents house was destroyed by a hurricane and we moved to north georgia so I sold my ds650 to help with the cost. Met a nice little georgia peach, yada yada yada. Married with kids now, 4years in the navy and I was finally able to put aside some money for a bike. Found a Polaris 335 sportsman 4x4 on craigslist needing some work for 1200. Talked him down to under 1k and loaded it up. As of right now, needs a good cleaning, new fluids, a CV axle and Ujoint. Idles a little low, needs some seafoam for sure if not a carb rebuild. I used to have a blue yamaha blaster built by CP customs out in new orleans. Doubt anyone cept Bluesman remembers me
(http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/295194_3321010235691_1581363425_2725342_494575999_n.jpg)
Welcome back. Get another DS there are two in my house! :ThumbsUp.gif
I wish I could afford one. I have to find parts for this thing or just start welding stuff together,
Ok started taking this bike apart, I sure hope its the CV axle that is making the noise and not the rear dif. Anyhow, It needs ALL new bushing on the suspension, upper/lower a arms and shock bushings. Anyone know where I can order all of these?
Welcome back!!!!!!!! Try www.polarispartshouse.com (http://www.polarispartshouse.com) , www.mrcycles.com (http://www.mrcycles.com) , www.cheapcycleparts.com (http://www.cheapcycleparts.com) Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Defender88 on March 19, 2012, 10:31:10 PM
Ok started taking this bike apart, I sure hope its the CV axle that is making the noise and not the rear dif. Anyhow, It needs ALL new bushing on the suspension, upper/lower a arms and shock bushings. Anyone know where I can order all of these?
Ouch! Where in Florida did you put down roots... Me, Thunderdully and SMP63 ride Croom a lot.
I'm trying to remember your username. I only remember a handful of people that had DS' on here.
-Curtis-
My old username was Cpblastergp54 and then slowestyfz450. I use to talk tons of sh*t to you for getting that 400ex. I use to live in vero beach now I am stationed at NAS Jacksonville.
Also I got the CV axle out and the inner joint was pretty bad. Had a real rough spot and was all rusty/muddy once I took off the boot. I had it on a jack and I put it in gear and spun the other tire and hear nothing so I am really leaning towards that one CV axle. Now I gotta find a place to buy all new bushing for the shocks and Aarms.
welcome back!!!! thank you for your service to this great nation, My son is a Marine ( OOH RAH ). I saw that atv on CL was going to call the guy ...snooze you lose :/
There is a place on Lane Ave in jax that can rebuilt that shaft for a lot less than buying one I will try to find the # post it for you.
That would be awesome. The axle is only 110 but only the inner joint needs replaced
I thought you were talking about Driveline on lane so I called and they sadi 60-90 bucks to replace the inner joint, Im going to go ahead and get that done so I can start getting this thing back together.
Well damn I opened up the front panel today and found a bunch of cut wires. Wonder what this guy was trying to hide..... Anyone know where to find the wiring diagram for this bike? Anyone in jax work for beer? lol
That is the place,good guys, I have a book for the popo I will try to find it see if it has wireing diag
today just sucks!
(http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/559012_2521371172008_1785197218_1581771_1347848721_n.jpg)
The garage is getting full. One car garage. Its like having 20lbs of a sh*t in a 5lb bag
(http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/484957_3321888897657_1581363425_2725542_1961416162_n.jpg)
I need to know what bushing this is...
(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/AndrewMack/74fc486e.jpg)
(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/AndrewMack/4d6de026.jpg)
Drove all the way to palatka to pick up some bushings. Got to ride the bike around a little not bad but is really hard to get into reverse and it pops out almost everytime. Im thinking an oil change will help with that since its low.
Other than polaris oils what engine/tranny oil, and front/rear dif fluids are people using in the older sportsmans?
Anyone? these polaris oils are stupid expensive.
Can someone help me figure out where these wires go please.
(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/AndrewMack/DSCF0748-1.jpg)
(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/AndrewMack/DSCF0747-1.jpg)
(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/AndrewMack/DSCF0746-2.jpg)
(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/AndrewMack/DSCF0745-1.jpg)
(http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/AndrewMack/DSCF0744-2.jpg)
you have to run the polaris oil esp in the Frt end,it has metal in it to make the magnets work in the frt end. oil I run Mobil 1 and a 7013 fram filter i think.
i gotta get these wires figure out first.
sorry wish I could be more help to you :'(
Those wires are bolted to the frame where the ignition coil is bolted to the frame, correct? Those are ground wires of some sort then. What do they go to? Well.. What isn't working right now?
Also, the linkage comes out of adjustment on the Polaris and you will have to readjust it to keep it from popping out of reverse.
Awesome thanks for the info. Ya I found the schematic but it doesnt help much. I need someone that knows these bikes to help me figure it out
Is there a way for you to put it on here? I can read them. But seeing wires just cut seems like he removed something that was just bolted on..Maybe an air horn or maybe a radio..a light.. Could be a number of things.
Some of the wires went to the left hub, there are two yellow/red wires and two ground wires left cut. Everything seems to be working but the battery is not charging.
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Company/Parts-Manuals/PartsManuals/9915770r04.pdf (http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Company/Parts-Manuals/PartsManuals/9915770r04.pdf)
MY first mod
(http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/522003_3359220190916_1581363425_2742194_376665399_n.jpg)
I am reading here on the diagram that the yellow with red stripe is the battery charge coil wire.
Ok, I have 3 of those, one of them I found where it went and reconnected it, the other two that are still circled in red, I don't know where they go, then the two brown wires coming off that relay/solenoid on the back wall...
I don't know where to connect the two yellow/red wires.........
I think Im just going to cap the two extra yellow/red wires since I don't see that they are connected to the 4x4 so they arent the root of that issue. and everything else works
hey not sure if this will help,but there is a guy in Fruit cove that works on ATV's may be he can help???? 629-5416 this is the number not sure if he can help.try and see.Let
him know if he can help ,we can put him on the web site??