New riding place. Has anyone heard about this and/or been? http://www.fl-dof.com/forest_recreation/recreation_news.html (http://www.fl-dof.com/forest_recreation/recreation_news.html)
I saw the proposed plan for the new trails. Have they been opened yet? Showed opening in fall of 2011.
I saw the proposal when it first came out. Haven't seen anything since but Santa Rosa County is basically Eglin Air Force Base, one county east of Pensacola. If you think the Ranch is a long ride from Sunrise, wait until you drive 600 miles for 21 miles of trails. I probably won't be riding Black River any time soon. ;)
Well if you view the conceptual plan of the park you can tell it was a government design.. Every thing runs around in a circle.. ;) ;D
Yep, 21 miles ain't worth it, unless you live very closeby. And, we ride Appalachicola Forest when we're up that way.
Tate's Hell, right? That looked interesting when I checked it out online.
I believe Tate's Hell is actually on the southernmost side of the forest. We ride the northwest side, on west side of Tallahassee. The scenery/riding is like ONF, but, far less people. I'd really like to do this; http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/quad0.html (http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/quad0.html)
That looks pretty cool. We did a trip two summers ago to Taylor Lake in Colorado, which lies roughly between Gunnison and Aspen. Here is a link to the RV park we stayed at. I've got pictures posted on this site (atvflorida.com). I'll see if I can locate the message and post it up for you.
http://www.taylorparktradingpost.com/ (http://www.taylorparktradingpost.com/)
Hey Aint. I went back and found the link to the original post I made after my trip to Colorado. I saw that you had replied so you've already seen these but for those that haven't, I'm reposting the link to the thread. They're definitely worth checking out. I really want to go again before my oldest heads off to college.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,39984.0.html (http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,39984.0.html)
Awesome pictures... I wannnna go...
I was thinking about making the trip to ride tates hell. Is all the riding mainly roads. Looked nice, but really long straight roads. How are the rangers up there. Really strict on noise levels with aftermarket pipes?
Tates Hell forest is just around the corner for us. 35MPH speed limit and your ATV must be titled and have a sticker in Florida. There is a daily permit as well as a $65.00 per person annual permit that allows riding in Croom, Apalachicola National Forest, Tates Hell, Ocala National Forest, Black water and other places. No alcohol is permitted. Must stay on trails. As long as you are a responsible rider the law men are ok.