I have been thinking about getting a GPS to take with me when I ride to be sure I can find my way back to the truck when I want to. I bought a Garmin 450t for $370 including taxes less a $50 rebate. I disliked it and took it back the same day. It doesn't come with the maps that it advertises on the box, and those maps are an extra $79 each. For over $300 I felt it should come with the maps. It also didn't seem to be very accurate.
Is there a GPS out there that someone has purchased and likes well enough to recommend it to others?
i have the garmin 60csx and love it been able to download topo maps for free and found on other forum trail maps for Croom and ocala all for free.
That sounds promising. Where did you get the downloads - from Garmin? How much was the device?
some of the maps for different post here and the other tampa bay dirty riders site and the gps was a gift
What ever GPS you buy if you just want to be able to get back to your truck, the best thing to do would be to set your starting point where your truck is. Make it a waypoint. That way where ever you are you can enter that as a (go to) way point. Then just follow the GPS directions back to your truck. Even if you have a map of the area the GPS can't lead you back to your truck if you don't know where it is.
I use the Garmin Etrex $100.00. Simple to use, no maps to load, leaves a trail wherever you go as long as you leave it on. Memory for 100 way points & tracks. As Thunderdually said i set a way point by the truck & ride. When i'm ready to go back i follow the tracks back or i turn it
on & do (go to) way point & follow the arrow back. It tells you the distance to the way point & counts down the distance as you get closer. It's not fancy but gets the job done! Also couldn't
see spending alot of money on something thats going to be out in the elements & take abuse
mounted on my wheeler!