Nothing special but I've seen a small (4) herd of Florida deer on one trip out by myself and on another such trip I saw a buck and doe whitetail deer, along with squirrels, hawks and other assorted wildlife.
The small herd of Florida deer just leaped over the trail I was flying down and then stopped to graze not 30 feet from where I came to a screeching halt. It was nice to seem some wildlife.
The whitetail buck and doe was just as nice. I came around a bend on one of the trails in the northern part of Croom and there they were in a small clearing. The buck was standing very majestically while the doe was behind him almost completely hidden. She seems to know that if she stood just so in front of a tree, you couldn't see her. She really knew how to stand perfectly still, I almost missed her. The buck and I exchanged looks for what seemed like 5 minutes and then they bounded off, boy, they are quick and agile.
Just what I've seen so far.
Very cool encounter. Keep your eye out for the Piebald deer out there. There were 2 but one was killed on I75 back in 2007.
Here a pic of one of them. The couple times Ive seen it were near the front pit.
(http://usera.imagecave.com/Murex/TBRD/Deersmall.jpg)
I will keep my eye out this Friday, we're going up for a full day. I haven't seen those deer though. Thanks for the pic. I will try to snap one if we're lucky enough.
we were riding there once and came up on 3 deer 2 were kinda layin down and the other was standing. we were only 20' from them and i have a loud pipe and my son had a banshee with a bad baffle and the noise didn't bother them at all.but when i reached for the camera to take a pic they took off.we see deer there everytime we go.
We were just there on Friday, the 8th, and I was looking but this time I must have missed the deer. I think I'm going either this Saturday or Sunday, 16th/17th.