Hey guys, I'm trying to find a place to get my plastics Hydrodipped. Preferably local (Southwest Florida), if not, will have to make it work...
I'm looking to do everything that is in red now a Glossy Carbonfiber black. 4 pieces. Hood, Front clip, and two rearfenders.
(http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/rednipj/ATV/DSC02157.jpg)
Thanks,
Nice looking RZR, do you take that thing in the mud and if so how do they do?
Quote from: FishaHallic on March 31, 2011, 03:51:39 PM
Nice looking RZR, do you take that thing in the mud and if so how do they do?
Oh puh-leeeezzzze. Don't even try to pretend you're into ATVs. We know what a Fish's life is. All Fish are the same. Heck, they even look the same to me. I'm just saying. Not trying to be prejudiced or anything. ;)
When I had my ATV and was riding the trails of the Sierras my friend had a RZR and that sucker was pretty fast and I could hardly stay up with him. I figure if I ever get another ATV the RZR would be seriously looked at but I thought the motor set pretty low and am not sure how they are in the mud/water, hence the question.
http://www.hydroprintservices.com/ (http://www.hydroprintservices.com/) They are located in pinellas park. 727-544-7935. Good people to deal with.
I'm one of the few that take it in very little mud. I came from a sport bike and I ride this like a sportbike, reason for upgrading to long travel suspension. It's nice to have the 4wd when you do get into some mud on the trails though.
The story is I took the plastics off and tried to vinyl wrap them with a M500 vinyl wrapping used for automotives. However that wrap doesn't stick to anything that has any kind of ridge detail. The rear panels came out so-so and the front was just a disaster. I then put the rear panels out in the sun and it's just pulling away from any indentation that's in the plastics.
(http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/rednipj/ATV/rzr0003.jpg)
(http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/rednipj/ATV/rzr0001.jpg)
(http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/rednipj/ATV/rzr0002.jpg)
It's now even lifting out of the checkmark indentation in the center of the fender. It just looks pretty crappy...
To prep for the vinyl I pulled all the stickers off and sanded them to get out any deep scratches that might show through so now I can't even put it back into the condition I started with. Now I'm looking at Hydrodipping. I think that might hold up better in the woods than paint..?
Quote from: Holeshot36 on March 31, 2011, 07:51:54 PM
http://www.hydroprintservices.com/ (http://www.hydroprintservices.com/) They are located in pinellas park. 727-544-7935. Good people to deal with.
Thanks,
I just sent them an email...
Quote from: FishaHallic on March 31, 2011, 07:50:27 PM
When I had my ATV and was riding the trails of the Sierras my friend had a RZR and that sucker was pretty fast and I could hardly stay up with him. I figure if I ever get another ATV the RZR would be seriously looked at but I thought the motor set pretty low and am not sure how they are in the mud/water, hence the question.
Like anything, if you snorkel them right they'll go through all the water/mud you have.
Polaris RZR "UNDER WATER" 9 feet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV3v12CoiA4#)
razor going deep 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dQN3K9Y_Rk#)
There are plenty more showing 'em in mud.
I hurt my back on my Raptor and got the RZR. I like it. Fills in nicely where the Raptor left off.
Any others?
I haven't heard back from http://www.hydroprintservices.com/ (http://www.hydroprintservices.com/) yet, I'll be calling them tomorrow. I would like to get a few more quotes.
Thanks,
Does anybody know of another place? hydroprintservices does not have a big enough water tank. ???