For those who want more riding areas, show up in Bartow on March 21st and voice your opinion.
This article found at: http://www.theledger.com/article/20110309/NEWS/110309689/1134?Title=Meeting-Set-for-Proposed-Off-Road-Vehicle-Park-South-of-Mulberry (http://www.theledger.com/article/20110309/NEWS/110309689/1134?Title=Meeting-Set-for-Proposed-Off-Road-Vehicle-Park-South-of-Mulberry)
Published: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 11:48 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at 11:48 p.m.
Polk County Parks and Recreation will hold a public meeting March 21 to discuss a proposed $786,712 Florida Department of Environmental Protection Recreational Trails grant for the county's proposed off-highway vehicle park south of Mulberry.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. at the Parks and Recreation office at 515 E. Boulevard St. in Bartow.
Plans for the park will be presented to get feedback from the public.
outstanding!!!!!! will be there.
Outstanding, but, how far will $786K get us?
thats one of the reasons i want to go ;D
This better be a BIG turnout of People or the obvious will be not to spend the money for this project. I would tell everyone that rides if I lived around there. I hope this happens :ThumbsUp.gif <nanaparty> :}} Try posting on thumpertalk.com Too :H
Please let us know if the proposed site is within the proposed Headwaters Prject.
any other info or points of intrest i need to keep an ear out for?
Quote from: AintSkeered on March 17, 2011, 07:16:03 PM
Outstanding, but, how far will $786K get us?
more than $0 will get us
it is on old phosphate mined property I believe since that is all that is south of Mulberry. I live 30mins away so I hope it happens. SHould be some outstanding sand pits and hill climbs in those areas.
i was thinking the same greenmachine. it will be nice if its got some wet areas too! another legal place to ride will be awsome, hopefully it will be open thru the week to enjoy also <nanaparty>
The meeting was good, had almost 40 people present. We shall see if they are able to get the grant to get it going. I thought there would have been more there to support it. The proposed site is close to the old sand mountain, at least on the same road CR 630 2.5 miles east of HWY 37
40 is a good number. I've heard of only one or two coming to the Ocala meetings in that past. Thanks for the update.
40 is a decent turnout for sure.
car games (http://www.naseya.com/games/car-driving/)fishing games (http://www.naseya.com/games/fishing/)zombie games (http://www.naseya.com/games/zombie/)typing games (http://www.naseya.com/games/typing/)ninja games (http://www.naseya.com/games/ninja/)amazon coupons (http://codesandcoupons.net/Daily-Deals/)iphone cases (http://www.iphonecasedepot.com)
Really? Do you have meetings like this in your neck of the woods?
Quote from: AintSkeered on March 17, 2011, 09:35:42 PM
Please let us know if the proposed site is within the proposed Headwaters Prject.
Didn't your mother tell you that if you Aint got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.? ;D :)??