WE HAVE NEIGHBORS WHO RIDE AT RICHLOAM WMA IN PASCO AND SUMTER COUNTIES , AND THEY SAY IT IS AWESOME , HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN HERE?
I didnt know it was legal.
It's illegal. http://myfwc.com/media/185888/10-11_Richloam.pdf (http://myfwc.com/media/185888/10-11_Richloam.pdf) However, it's part of Withlacoochie State Forest and it's legal to ride in many other areas of the forest. It's in Tallahassee and fun.
It's legal for licensed vehicles such as trucks, Jeeps or motorcycles. No ATVs allowed. I've been out there many times this season, but there were a lot of hunters out there on the weekends. It would be better to go after hunting season.
Is hunting season over yet?
Here's a link to maps, pics, and more info.
http://jeepflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32.0.html (http://jeepflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,32.0.html)
SPRING TURKEY SEASON: March 19 through April 24.
Quote from: AintSkeered on March 05, 2011, 01:29:55 PM
It's illegal. http://myfwc.com/media/185888/10-11_Richloam.pdf (http://myfwc.com/media/185888/10-11_Richloam.pdf) However, it's part of Withlacoochie State Forest and it's legal to ride in many other areas of the forest. It's in Tallahassee and fun.
Tallahassee?
If anyone's riding an atv in the Withlacoochee Forest other than the Croom portion they are just lucky they haven't been caught yet. Although, they do allow enduros a couple of times a year in areas other than Croom.
Duh! You're correct, I confused it with Appalachicola Forest and that's the second time. Argh!
Quote from: AintSkeered on March 09, 2011, 02:49:49 AM
Duh! You're correct, I confused it with Appalachicola Forest and that's the second time. Argh!
Old Geezer!!