any suggestions? i prefer a lightweight sport quad also would be great if it was automatic.
don't know what size you are lookin for but bass pro shops in ft.meyers has brand new dvx 90's for under 2,000 fully auto.
if size wasnt a problem id say kawasaki kfx700
Quote from: hatchdemon89 on February 20, 2011, 06:19:01 PM
if size wasnt a problem id say kawasaki kfx700
I was also going to mention the kfx700 but I seen the lightweight...
But I'm with hatchdemon, KFX700.
love to get like a 150 or 250
honda's 250x isn't an automatic, but it has that clutch where u don't have to worry about stalling..
http://powersports.honda.com/2011/trx250x.aspx (http://powersports.honda.com/2011/trx250x.aspx)
A Polaris Trailblazer or a Scrambler (4x4, selectable), great auto bikes. I have had my 2003 400 Trailblazer, with no troubles at all. They make them in 250s and 500s now. The Scrambler is only in 500. It handles pretty much like a sport bike!
Quote from: cobrap on February 20, 2011, 08:31:56 PM
A Polaris Trailblazer or a Scrambler (4x4, selectable), great auto bikes. I have had my 2003 400 Trailblazer, with no troubles at all. They make them in 250s and 500s now. The Scrambler is only in 500. It handles pretty much like a sport bike!
I agree. Those are good bikes. Fully auto and they make good power. My brothers is pretty damn fast. But its also smooth delivery. Great first time bike. Also not too expensivie because there is a decent amount of them for sale.
I think the 250x is the best choice! ;)
Quote from: cobrap on February 20, 2011, 08:31:56 PM
A Polaris Trailblazer or a Scrambler (4x4, selectable), great auto bikes. I have had my 2003 400 Trailblazer, with no troubles at all. They make them in 250s and 500s now. The Scrambler is only in 500. It handles pretty much like a sport bike!
I think these are better choices if you want smaller
some one on the site has a Kymco 300 for sell,great starter atv.
The Polaris 250 Trailblazer is the best all around bike for a adult who wants a auto have 3 of them and they run great not going to win a race but great for the trails and can climb any incline even stuff my 400 gets stuck on.
I put some time on a Polaris 250 Trailblazer once. It was a lot of fun. Never had to shift and the suspension was decent for that beginner/intermediate trail riding kinda of bike. I was waiting on the throttle on long straights since it is a 250, but it is a fair trade off for such ease of use and had a great day on it.
My girl was nervous riding my bike, got her a an '01 250EX for $700 with a title and she won't get off it. She feels COMFORTABLE on it, and therefore wants to ride more. So, I would suggest this or maybe the Z250. Both are great to learn on and quicker than you'd think.
Trailblazer 330 is a great starter quad. I have one as a 2nd quad & bring it along for family and friends that don't normally ride. Very comfortable ride and suspension, one lever braking & automatic. Top speed is about 45. I bought it new last year from skypowersports for $2999 (3500 out the door) or you can usually find them dirt cheap on Craiglist. If you plan on buying one used make sure you check the axle for unusual movement (bad bearings) and swingarm bushings!!!
I started my Wife off on a 250EX... She was riding a Yamaha R6 on the street and still LOVES the 250 in the dirt. Plenty of power and VERY forgiving. I have an older one with out the sport clutch but I might buy the newer clutch cover with the sport clutch set up for her... Easy bolt on upgrade.
250 ex you don't have a chain to worry about, if she can't use a clutch she can still shift it, reliable and very cheap maintence. just change oil and clean filter and ride.
Quote from: KFX400 NPR on February 21, 2011, 09:31:18 AM
The Polaris 250 Trailblazer is the best all around bike for a adult who wants a auto have 3 of them and they run great not going to win a race but great for the trails and can climb any incline even stuff my 400 gets stuck on.
X2
My son has TRX 250 great quad!!!!
The newer Honda 250x sport quad offers manual and automatic clutch. You can grab the clutch handle and try it manual or use it automatic. This is good way to get the little woman to migrate to a manual clutch. Even if you use it in the manual clutch mode the automatic clutch aids with stalling.
8)
I know this thread is older than the dirt you last washed off your quad, but I wanted to pick brains.
I was thinking if the girl wanted a bike when I get mine that I might look into one for her. I was thinking something cheaper because she more than likely isn't going to ride as much as I. Therefore I was thinking of a Blaster. I can find em all day for $1000 bucks. She used to ride 2 stroke dirtbikes when she was a little younger. So kicking it wouldn't be a big deal. Anyone got an responses to that idea?
I'm not sure about her clutch skills, but that can be remedied pretty quickly I'd imagine.
Sent ya PM
Skeered. Thanks man I just now figured this out lol. I thought you were messaging me about something I PMed someone a long while back.