I've had a few gents tell me there's some good stuff to ride just north of Hernando town, where the road splits take the left fork and it's up there by perhaps a mile.
My question is, being a british expat is it legal?
Does my bike need the wee yellow sticker? I know there's croom nearby but the $65 a year is a little offputting before I've tested my bike etc.
Thoughts?
Its not legal, there are no trespassing signs everywhere.
I hear the police are there all the time. ;)
Quote from: Svengalie on January 31, 2011, 11:48:17 PM
I've had a few gents tell me there's some good stuff to ride just north of Hernando town, where the road splits take the left fork and it's up there by perhaps a mile.
My question is, being a british expat is it legal?
Does my bike need the wee yellow sticker? I know there's croom nearby but the $65 a year is a little offputting before I've tested my bike etc.
Thoughts?
croom stickers are only 40.00 now ( i believe ) they are 60.00 in july and go down every 1/4 of a year!!
Not only is it not legal, posted but, the cops will tow your vehicles away while you're riding if it doesn't get broken into first. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!
appreciate the advice. Croom it is!
Just got back from three epic days at croom.
I simply cannot believe how awesome it is down there, I've ridden offroad frequently in England and a couple of times in Spain but this tops it all!
$60 for a year? You can't beat that price.
On our first night a couple camping next to us saw me trying to teach my girlfriend how to ride the 450 dirtbike, she didn't do too well. They came over and offered her use of their four wheeler, without even introducing themselves! I cannot beleive the generosity, totally baffled.
The rangers were wonderful, the hosts were kind. Everyone was smiling, the ranger even came to give me my $1 dollar change as I only had $25 for camping (and it's $24 a night)
The entire time was a pleasure, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
Thanks for your help
Safe riding.