Looking for advice, I have a 2006 Ford f-350 6.0 power stroke diesel. I bought the truck new almost 5 years ago. I had a few problems with the engine when it was new, never had the head gasket problem though. My warranty is running out and i can buy an extended 5 years and 60,000 miles warranty for $4600.00 from ford. I have 58,000 miles on the truck now and she runs great. I have to keep the truck for atleast 3 more years. Is it worth buying the warranty. I do tow a 40 foot 5th wheel toy hauler from time to time, it weighs about 16,000 pounds.Thank you for your advice ::)
I didnt buy it for mine. My warrantee ran out 4 months ago. I'm at 85000 miles and running strong. Most of the 6.0 problems are well known now and fixable.
WOW 4600 bucks thats outrageous. I just know to have the head gaskets done is 6000 bucks. The 6.0 Ford motors were notorious for this but the Ford dealer told me most of those issues were caused by modifying the computer to get the boost up. Good luck its a gamble either way you go.
You can have the heads gaskets replaced and studded for $3000. I know a guy that does a lot of them.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on December 20, 2010, 03:21:19 AM
I didnt buy it for mine. My warrantee ran out 4 months ago. I'm at 85000 miles and running strong. Most of the 6.0 problems are well known now and fixable.
X2
They had most of the issue sorted out by 2006. Save your money, you may get to 125K befor you need it.
The whole world knows the motors are junk, except the guys that own them. Expect something bad to happen. Buy the warrantee.
I used to own one. I work on them for a living. Sell that POS!!!
buy the warranty if you going to keep it for 3 more years