As discussed, we are going to be starting a drag racing series, this will be ran in conjunction with the MX series (after the sat practice).
We are going to be splitting this into classes as we go, but initially we will have a trophy class, which is free to enter, a kids class (free to enter too) and a money open run what you brung class. This is $10 per entry with a one time $5 buy back. Prize will be 100% payback of entry fees.
The races will be held on the Saturday of each MX race weekend...directly after the MX practice ends at 4pm.
Sounds cool bro hey I was looking at a drag light tree :o :o :o 1000 bucks :o :o :o I think we could make one it just wont have reaction time light whatha think :dunno.gif
something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CVEC-RC-DRAG-RACING-XMAS-TREE-TIMING-SET-UP-SYSTEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2c96b897QQitemZ400180033687QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CVEC-RC-DRAG-RACING-XMAS-TREE-TIMING-SET-UP-SYSTEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2c96b897QQitemZ400180033687QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts)
We gotta tree, even got a timer that sets it off so it resets every 45 seconds to leave it on auto (OPowersports made the auto timer, back in the day). I have the box that makes it work, but I never got the sensors.
We have used it for races in the past...but man, I have never had so much bitching about jumping as when we used the lights lol. We have a lot less bitching with a manual flag start.
I guess the way to go, would be to get the sensors etc., but I want to see if there is a good interest in the races first though.
Aight dawg :ThumbsUp.gif
Quote from: rzr ridr on December 15, 2010, 04:18:07 PM
Aight dawg :ThumbsUp.gif
We can't replace you with a robot homes ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D Thanks Paul man I been searching the internet for hand start drag racing and the ones I can see the guy in that's how he does it as soon as he raises his hands he drops em :dunno.gif it just feels wrong :( :( :( ;D ;D ;D dont get me wrong I sure enjoy it just dont seem like im doing it right :( ;D ;D ive got the evil eye a time or two :o :o :o
I liked your arm drops, they worked perfect for me!!!! ;) ;) ;)
ya your arm drops were fine with me it reminded me of pinks...off-road style ;D
Thanks guys if yall like it I love it :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif
the arm drop starts will cut down on the early jumping.
without the timming system there was a lot of early starts,not having to worry about a red light let too many people
try to get a ( perfect light ) !!
having the rolling reset is still fun,it lets people pratice for a long time with out needing someone to be there attending it the whole time.
we had a lot of fun sand dragging when we were there,if the numbers increase we may attend a few,that dont overlap our race scedule for TT , SDTA and DFMR.
I personally jus think the tree would show more commitment to the event thats all people here u have a tree and they think its more profresional anyways arm drops or tree ill be there
Quote from: sLoWrApToR on January 05, 2011, 08:33:30 AM
I personally jus think the tree would show more commitment to the event thats all people here u have a tree and they think its more profresional anyways arm drops or tree ill be there
Using a tree would be better,but Paul hasn't installed the timming system yet.
the best way is to hold a green flag touching the ground between,and in front of both racers just past the tree.
then snap the flag up with your wrist to start the race,thats how its done at some AMA flat track races.
i bet ur preety good at snapping ur wrist arent u sweet heart :-*
not as well as you and your homoboys.
Just don't get too discouraged,there is no pole position for you to sit on.