so how did your (college foot ball) team do ? :dunno.gif and who are you :drive.gif with this year ?
mine is FSU 59-6 with the (w)
Can't brag too much but the Gators won.
Dawgs won.
woof woof woof.......Go Dawgs 55-7 (it was against the sisters of the poor, but they still won)
they played the worst football ive ever seen and still managed to pull off a win. the whole college football weekend sucked ass really with the exception that ron zook lost. cant believe last nights game. gonna be a long season.
Just curious...
How many of you actually went to the school you root for? And, if you didn't go, why do you root for them?
Just curious is all. Not being a d*ck. ;D
PROUD TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!
This blood runs Orange and Blue all the way, baby!
Quote from: Anoriginal on September 07, 2010, 08:26:48 PM
Just curious...
How many of you actually went to the school you root for? And, if you didn't go, why do you root for them?
Just curious is all. Not being a d*ck. ;D
I'm guessing the guy who started the post went to one of the Colleges of Podiatric Medicine ;)
I went to the University of Central Florida and am a huge fan. We beat the Girl Scouts of America Div II team this weekend. GO KNIGHTS!
I am so glad that college football season is here. I hope we go to a playoff type championship, that way the season will last longer, but that will never happen.
i did not nor am gonna go to UF but i live and die by Gator football. i love the sport more than anything else and my parents always were Gator fans so thats how i became a Gator fan. i want to take one class there just to say i went there. lol. dont think it works that way though. i too am glad the season is here but im kinda worried after this week. we shall see.
never went to a university,but i was born and raised in south ga.always been a bulldog fan.
I was all but on my way to fsu to play foot ball for them til i got hit by a car.
Cool.
I just like to hear people's stories of why they're a fan of a certain college.
Thanks. :ThumbsUp.gif
IT's all about the U! I didn't go to the University of Miami (couldn't afford it) but me and my family were season ticket holders for 23 years straight when they played at the Orange Bowl (many great memories). Go Canes!
Quote from: bigAl300ex on September 09, 2010, 04:23:42 AM
IT's all about the U! I didn't go to the University of Miami (couldn't afford it) but me and my family were season ticket holders for 23 years straight when they played at the Orange Bowl (many great memories). Go Canes!
Oh puh-leeeze! The 'Canes don't have the 'nads to play the 'Noles let alone the Gators. Me went to all the Gator games when I was in Collage. ::)
Digginfool, don't hate b/c the Canes got more National Titles. It's all good. I understand that Gator nation's upset now that their Timmy Tebo is gone :'(
Quote from: bigAl300ex on September 10, 2010, 04:28:58 AM
Digginfool, don't hate b/c the Canes got more National Titles.
That's because the 'Canes don't play in the SEC. It means so much to be undefeated at the end of the regular season after playing the powder-puff derby called the Big East. :o Let's not forget the give-me's handed to the 'Canes by FSU or the shocking offensive powerhouse ND Irish. ::) The 'Canes is the poster child reason why there should be a playoff for the National Championship.
I love football season. ;D It makes it a lot less crowded in the woods, on the water, at the riding parks etc. I'll start watching/playing ball sports when they quit making gasoline ;D
Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 10, 2010, 09:11:47 PM
I love football season. ;D It makes it a lot less crowded in the woods, on the water, at the riding parks etc. I'll start watching/playing ball sports when they quit making gasoline ;D
Be careful what you wish for. The way things are going, that could happen real soon. Hey Chillin'! When's a good time to drag my Ranger over to your neck of the woods? Anything biting over on that coast? Also, check out this video.
Cool video. I havent fished much lately, although I did take the boat out drinking last weekend.
Word is that the redfish are biting though and a buddy of mine is going tomorrow, I'll let you know if his trip was good.
Quote from: digginfool on September 10, 2010, 12:13:34 PM
Quote from: bigAl300ex on September 10, 2010, 04:28:58 AM
Digginfool, don't hate b/c the Canes got more National Titles.
That's because the 'Canes don't play in the SEC. It means so much to be undefeated at the end of the regular season after playing the powder-puff derby called the Big East. :o Let's not forget the give-me's handed to the 'Canes by FSU or the shocking offensive powerhouse ND Irish. ::) The 'Canes is the poster child reason why there should be a playoff for the National Championship.
While watching a true powerhouse football team whip the crap out of UM, the commentators gave a very interesting statistic supporting what I've been saying here. The University of Miami hasn't won an away game against a nationally ranked team since 1991 and that was against FSU, one of the aforementioned 'gimmies.' Yep, 20 years of hollow performances on the road whereas
any SEC team (that includes the Gators) is playing a ranked team almost every single weekend
and winning on the road! Ouch!! :L 2:L :M :M :M
Quote from: Chillinthemost on September 10, 2010, 09:11:47 PM
I love football season. ;D It makes it a lot less crowded in the woods, on the water, at the riding parks etc. I'll start watching/playing ball sports when they quit making gasoline ;D
x2
I notice that Digginfool loves to quote stats. Here's just one of many that he won't mention: From 1986 to 2008 Miami won all six games against the Gators (a team from the "SEC"), including wins at the Sugar Bowl (2001) and Peach Bowl (2004).
Quote from: bigAl300ex on September 13, 2010, 03:36:11 AM
I notice that Digginfool loves to quote stats. Here's just one of many that he won't mention: From 1986 to 2008 Miami won all six games against the Gators (a team from the "SEC"), including wins at the Sugar Bowl (2001) and Peach Bowl (2004).
Like I said, what does it mean to show up at the ball after spending the season playing in the Big East? It's not like playing in the SEC where you're playing the toughest teams in all of NCAA Football every week. UM basically showed up with a freshly powdered nose after beating up what amounts to a bunch of high school kids all season long. ;D