We all know that florida has passed a law some time ago that allows atvs to be operated on public roads, unpaved, under 35mph...etc.
This is a state law but a county has the option of denying this law.
SO! they outlawed it in my county after only 4 months....if its a state law?...what countys still allow this???
If there is no county in florida allowing this law....WTF!!!
Ive asked and called around and it seems as if they all, made it illegal?
Do any of you live in a county that still allows atvs on public road ways?
Madison County
Dade County
next to the bird rd and sw157ave area I ask a FWC officer that was patrolling the water mgmt. area and sure enough you can ride on an unpaved road under 35 mph only in the daytime. This does not include private drives on private property,unpaved access roads for the farmers in the farm fields,rock quarry property unpaved roads.
Hey Zman do u ride over their on bird road and 157th I've been wanting to ride their but dont know if it will be a hassle? I used to ride their backin the day but dont know if their still riding sure would help thnks! :)
I would'nt waste my time you can get cited and even arrested(after you've been warned). I say we meet sat am at the sand dunes on nw27ave next to the stadium (walmart) at 9 am as long as you dont ride on the street I have'nt had a prob., by noon im outta there ,should be good with all the rain!!!
IM IN PUTNAM COUNTY AND YOU CANT RIDE ON A DIRT ROAD. EVEN IF IT A PRIVET ROAD DUE TO IT STILL BEING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, I WAS TOLD IF I GOT CAUGHT RIDING ON MY ROAD EVEN THOW IT IS A PRIVET RODE NOT A COUNTY MAINTAINED ROAD THAT I WOULD BE PUT IN JAIL AND MY ATV WOULD BE IMPOUNDED . ANT THAT SOME sh*t! AND I DID I SAY THIS IS A DIRT ROAD.
Z sounds good!! i orderd a new helmet off ebay yesterday so long as it comes in time im all for it!
Quote from: zman03 on June 30, 2010, 10:41:38 PM
I would'nt waste my time you can get cited and even arrested(after you've been warned). I say we meet sat am at the sand dunes on nw27ave next to the stadium (walmart) at 9 am as long as you dont ride on the street I have'nt had a prob., by noon im outta there ,should be good with all the rain!!!
you can only ride on the roads if you are a local zman kjnow what I mean haha I have seen local on the road during a dolphins game when police activity is at the highest levels and dont get chased even run and stop at some lights
so you in or what?