ATV Florida Forum

General => Tech Corner => Topic started by: LonesomeTriZ on May 26, 2010, 06:17:54 PM

Title: What is out there for rethreading spindles?
Post by: LonesomeTriZ on May 26, 2010, 06:17:54 PM
I have some spindles that need some attention. I have a need for a rethreading kit that handles everything from a trailer to a D50 from end. I would also like to be able to do the spindles on my ATV's. I have poked around a bit at some of the kits on the internet. But to be honest I am confused by what all I looked up. I do not know the sizes I require and without being able to compare the size of the tools in the photograph with what I need them for I have no way of know for sure what I am looking at. Can I please get some guidance on this subject matter?
Title: Re: What is out there for rethreading spindles?
Post by: svtbolt04 on August 26, 2010, 06:22:26 PM
I have the RTD48 kit from snap on and it has three different threads; metric, national fine and national course.

Metric goes up to 14mm down to a 6mm

National fine goes from 9/16 to 1/4

National course 9/16 to 1/4

pretty much a mac daddy kit, but Im not sure how large a D50 front end is. From what I see here I would have to go out and measure my spindles to know if I could even use this kit.


Or you could get good with a file and make some new threads  8)
Title: Re: What is out there for rethreading spindles?
Post by: LonesomeTriZ on August 27, 2010, 12:56:47 PM
Thanks. What does a kit like that sell for?
Title: Re: What is out there for rethreading spindles?
Post by: svtbolt04 on August 30, 2010, 05:53:57 PM
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=56049&PartNo=RTD48&group_id=1148&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all
Title: Re: What is out there for rethreading spindles?
Post by: LonesomeTriZ on August 30, 2010, 06:02:40 PM
That is reasonable.