Many on this site know me and know a little about what I have been going through.
Long story short The Dr's think that I may have Lupus. Now there are many people with this disease and are able to cope. It just becomes a little more real when it happens to you.
I am still trying to learn about this and this is what I know so far.
Lupus is an auto immune disease that causes your immune system to attack not only the bad cells in the body but also the good cells. Areas affected range from a rash on your body to your joints and even sometimes organs. It is treatable but there is not a cure.
I ask that everyone keep me and my family in your prayers while we learn about this and how to move forward from here. I consider many on this site as very good friends and even family. This is why I have come on here to tell ya ll and why I have not been very active.
I will be going into the DR Monday and hope to find out a little more information. I will keep everyone posted.
Thank you-
Brett
Brett you'll definitely be in the prayers. My wife's aunt had lupus so I can sympathize with knowledge. Hopefully at your next visit you'll get good news. either way, I'll be praying for you and your family during this difficult time.
Brett, sorry to here about this all I can tell you is to fight this with a determination of a racer and you will prevail. Here is some interesting natural healing info on Lupus.
http://www.natural-cures-for.com/remedies/lupus (http://www.natural-cures-for.com/remedies/lupus)
Blessing from the Emanuelson's
My prayers are with you and your family. Have faith in the Lord and He'll answer our prayers. God Bless!
In our prayers!
Love ya brother! Take care of yourself.
JT
Quote from: RTR_380/450R on May 01, 2010, 02:58:05 AM
In our prayers!
Love ya brother! Take care of yourself.
JT
What JT said!
God bless and good luck.
Brett, We've never met but you've been on here for forever and a day so we are family. I'll be praying for you and your family.
Brett, My family will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! I think the most important thing to have when your fighting something is a strong mind. You have to believe your stronger than what it is your fighting. Racers have that state of mind! Take care of yourself buddy!
Update--
Just about what I figured was going to happen today. Go over all the symptoms with the Dr then get my orders to have a full blood work done. As I am looking over the test I notice that one of them is to look into my organs for failure or disease. Makes you stop for just a little bit and realize how serious this could be. It will be a couple of days before I get this information back. For the time being they have started me on 2 meds. One to treat the shingles out break that I have and the other is a steroid. Fun Fun. Will keep you posted. And thanks for all the prayers.
Brett
Hey Brett, good luck with this.
Never have met u brett, but u are definately in my prayers.
God Bless.
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on May 01, 2010, 12:12:46 PM
Quote from: patches206 on May 01, 2010, 05:36:00 AM
God bless and good luck.
X 1,000,000,000
xactly
Brett you are in our families thoughts and prayers.
the # 2 crew
T.C., Lisa and Tom
Good luck Brett!! I hope everything checks out all right.
Good luck to you! I'm pulling for you and will keep you in my prayers.
First of all- Thanks for the prayers.
Update-
Good News. All the blood work came back negative for Lupus. Prayers have been answered. Now we just need to keep praying that we find out what is going on.
Quote from: LostCause on May 07, 2010, 02:14:48 AM
First of all- Thanks for the prayers.
Update-
Good News. All the blood work came back negative for Lupus. Prayers have been answered. Now we just need to keep praying that we find out what is going on.
Great news!!!!!!