We had a squatter (Cottonmouth Joe) by the old mud drag. We shoo'd him away a couple of times, but he liked that spot and kept coming back, so we relocated him to a pond away from the property. Very cool guy ;D
(http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/floridaatvmotoplex/misc/Joe.jpg)
Where theres one, theres more. :o
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 07:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more. :o
LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
Thats why i dont ride in the mud
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 07:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 07:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more. :o
LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
Cottonmouths are quite aggressive, I've been chased before.
Quote from: john450r on April 11, 2010, 07:50:16 PM
Thats why i dont ride in the mud
LOL, you just don't like getting dirty.
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 07:54:57 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 07:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 07:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more. :o
LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
Cottonmouths are quite aggressive, I've been chased before.
This was a real snake...not Anoriginals trouser variety, I remember that night you got chased by it out of the Fuzzy Pickle. :o
I've relocated a few of those myself. I usually relocate their head to a different location than the rest of their body. ALL snakes are bad.
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 08:00:29 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 07:54:57 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 07:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 07:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more. :o
LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
Cottonmouths are quite aggressive, I've been chased before.
This was a real snake...not Anoriginals trouser variety, I remember that night you got chased by it out of the Fuzzy Pickle. :o
Yeah i remember, he can't handle liquor to well. ;)
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 07:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 07:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more. :o
LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
HA! I guess somebody never told the one that chased my bush hog tail wheel while I was mowing a couple years back. Or the one that was on dry ground and came at me as I unlocked my pasture gate, or the one that tried getting in my boat years ago fishing in Double Branch Creek in Upper Tampa Bay, or the one that came swimming toward me while swimming at Silver River. Yeah mostly Myth! ???
Quote from: duroc825 on April 11, 2010, 08:44:47 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 07:36:44 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 11, 2010, 07:34:20 PM
Where theres one, theres more. :o
LOL, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. That stuff about them chasing humans is mostly a myth.
HA! I guess somebody never told the one that chased my bush hog tail wheel while I was mowing a couple years back. Or the one that was on dry ground and came at me as I unlocked my pasture gate, or the one that tried getting in my boat years ago fishing in Double Branch Creek in Upper Tampa Bay, or the one that came swimming toward me while swimming at Silver River. Yeah mostly Myth! ???
Yup, it's mostly a myth. I have been working in the swamps for a few years now and watched tons of them swim away. Never seen one swim at a human. Even Joe was no problem being moved.
They must not like the taste of Englishmen. I'm with Mike, the ones I've come in contact with were not running away.
Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 11, 2010, 09:11:31 PM
They must not like the taste of Englishmen. I'm with Mike, the ones I've come in contact with were not running away.
They don't necessarily run away, usually they will try to make it back to the water or swim away, but if you are between them and the water, they will usually hold their ground. They sure aren't scared of you, that's for certain. ;D
Killem >:D
I have been chased a few times by those nasty bastids,I usually show them what a 12 gauge can do.....plus with having my 8 year olds around I just killem,don't take any chances
Thanks for relocating him for us Paul. As most everyone else that has posted on this I'm not a big fan of 'em.
LOL, we aren't big on killing things at the plex...but don't want any one to get hurt either, that's why we moved him off the property. He was a pretty cool snake though.
Quote from: Paul_S on April 11, 2010, 11:04:51 PM
LOL, we aren't big on killing things at the plex...but don't want any one to get hurt either, that's why we moved him off the property. He was a pretty cool snake though.
I'm all about not killing things. But I wouldn't really consider ANY snake pretty cool. ;D
That's just a Florida Banded Water Snake, looks like a moccasin but it's not. You'll know a moccasin when you come across one they are very aggresive..... The Plex is crawling with Water Snakes, I'm sure there are some moccasins but all the snakes I have ever seen up there are simply water snakes.....
I agree most of the snakes at the plex are banded water snakes. This guy was a moccasin though. See how buoyant he is, he glided on the water, the water snake normally sinks a bit more. He also had vertical pupils, where the water snakes pupils are round.
Most snakes in the water at the plex and everywhere are just harmless water snakes...everyone comes up and says I saw a moccasin, but they are not.
Good snake or bad snake i still say relocate them to heaven
Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 11, 2010, 09:11:31 PM
They must not like the taste of Englishmen. I'm with Mike, the ones I've come in contact with were not running away.
yeah....ummmm they dont have legs.... ??? ???
Quote from: DALEQUAD on April 12, 2010, 10:37:10 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 11, 2010, 09:11:31 PM
They must not like the taste of Englishmen. I'm with Mike, the ones I've come in contact with were not running away.
yeah....ummmm they dont have legs.... ??? ???
rolback1 lol
I'm with Chillen, I usually relocate their head to a different place and leave the body wiggling there for a while