I'm going to get a tactical plinker and I'm not sure which. would like some feedback.
models I'm considering:
Sig 522 swat
Smith and Wesson M$P 15-22 A1 style comp
Colt M4 ops
I know a lot of people here have a lot of knowledge regarding firearms so I was wondering if anyone had info on them as far as any problems, reviews, quality, etc.
i might be getting rid of a gsg-5 22lr perfect plinker
Quote from: crom A zone on March 31, 2010, 09:55:05 PM
i might be getting rid of a gsg-5 22lr perfect plinker
1 gen or 2 gen rifle?
Quote from: crom A zone on March 31, 2010, 09:55:05 PM
i might be getting rid of a gsg-5 22lr perfect plinker
Thanks but I think I'm going with the AR style
not sure what gen belive 2nd right before they stop selling them
Quote from: crom A zone on April 01, 2010, 04:05:09 PM
not sure what gen belive 2nd right before they stop selling them
2 gen are going for more than what you paid of it new.
Quote from: buythisatvstuff on March 31, 2010, 11:53:29 PM
Thanks but I think I'm going with the AR style
If you plan to suppress the weapon it will FTE with subsonic and HV rounds.
wasn't thinking of suppressin this one, but thanks. Any suggestions for a nice 22LR to suppress ?
Ruger 10/22 or a Remington 597 both will handle the sub sonic rounds fine. The 597 has a bigger buffer for the slide. The quieter the action on the rifle the better or you can go bolt action.
That 597 comes in a configuration a lot like the Ruger SR-22. But I don't like the 10 round rotary mag of the Ruger. Are there larger capacity mags for either the Ruger or the 597 ?
Remington makes a 30 round mag for the 597 and tons of aftermarket mag for the Ruger