We're visiting in Florida for 3 weeks and will be going thru withdrawals from riding our quads . . .
We most often ride dunes at Pismo Beach, but we also ride trails at Hollister Hills, Gorman & Jawbone Canyon. *All in California.
We'd need to rent quads in order to ride. So far, in the few minutes that I've been surfing, I've not found anything. We'd appreciate any information that you would be willing to share about rental quads and locations to ride in Florida.
Florida, here we come!
Richard & Lori
I believe you can rent tem in New Smyrna. Only thing is that you can only ride them down the strip that the cars drive. Also, you have to keep them under 5 mph. So basically you can cruise the beach to look at scenery but that's it. The quads they have are 250cc at the biggest. Good luck, they hate us ATVers down here.
hint if you like to ride ATVs DONT MOVE TO FL !!!!!! say in C.A!!!
there is a place outside of croom you cant rent quads to ride.
Eaglerider rents Polaris atv's http://eaglerider.com/adventure_rentals.html
Good luck trying to find anywhere to rent quads here in FL, especially any where good to ride, you can go to GA to durhamtown but not here in FL
Daytona Beach has quad rentals-like mentioned above it is a 5mph cruisin' speed-you'd probably better off spending money on a jet ski rental.
:) We really appreciate all of the responses. How sad that there is seemingly no place to rent/ride quads. :o :-[ :'(
NO, we won't be moving to Florida. We simply visit family every other year. They come here on the "other" years. ;D
In the meantime, if any other information comes to mind, please post it for us. We'll be there Wednesday afternoon and look forward to the hot, humid Florida sun! :)
Thanks again,
Richard & Lori
WELCOME! All it takes is one good ride then bam your hooked, I have a bud in jax that is renting atvs pm me if interested.
I just read this it was posted on another thread by: BIGWORM3699
Thought it might help you. Good luck, have fun on vacation.
I know this place very well. ;D
if you own a atv for your self,but this is best beach atv riding place in
Fl and it hads over 17miles of beachs.I have seen atvs,jeeps,4x4 trucks,go there in winter not alot people in winter go there.you will start riding from indian pass to cape bias,they are called 4x4 permits
i talk to one of the people that owned rv park and they said it's like 25$year for permits and you have go to gulf county courthouse.I know where go to courthouse it's in port st joe.but they have nicer beachs over there and water is very great over there.So don't go into water off shore it's the shark mating season over there. ;D
Basacally FL sucks for riding, I'd like to move to Georgia or Tennessee...
You guys that think Fl sucks for riding obviously havent heard of FTR. Race a Hare Scrambles one weekend and tell me Fl sucks, you're crazy!
http://www.floridatrailriders.org/
I AGREE, I RACE IN THE FTR AND I HAVE A BLAST RIDING IN FLORIDA.
Quote from: Numkut on July 04, 2005, 09:08:02 PM
Basacally FL sucks for riding, I'd like to move to Georgia or Tennessee...
Come on up, bud.
ahh...but they are just visiting florida, not moving here...
I have some friends that live/ride alot up in CA, they have a website, who knows, when ya'll get back home, hookup with these cats for some some riding, www.atvobsession.com they like the rubicon a lot.
Quote from: Numkut on July 04, 2005, 09:08:02 PM
Basacally FL sucks for riding, I'd like to move to Georgia or Tennessee...
I agree it sucks riding down here.
Where are you going to be? Floriduh is big. If you are anywhere near Palm Beach County, I have a few you can borrow and will take you riding on private land.
Quote from: 500runner on June 27, 2005, 01:30:35 AM
hint if you like to ride ATVs DONT MOVE TO FL !!!!!! say in C.A!!!
u do know that this is atvFLORIDA!! right?