I went to a yamaha dealer today to get a seal. I paid over 14.00 for the seal. I thought okay its expensive but what am I gonna do. Well I get home and look up the msrp. 11.00 and change. Then I get on the same companies web site and it was 7.74 for the same seal. I would of had to order it from there web site and have it shipped to my house 3 miles away which is total BS. So whats the deal with all these different prices. Its only 3 dollars over msrp but thats just on one seal. I cant imagine if I bought an item more expensive how much I would have been ripped off.
From now on I will save my gas and order online from them and have them ship it to me. Just hope they dont charge 50.00 for shipping.
Let me guess, was it a stealer(dealer) in SW Broward County, FL?
supply side economics? the shops have to upcharge to cover the costs of overhead. (rent, employees, taxes, electric, equipment etc.)
The parts guys are on commision of gross profit. I went to Barnies in brandon, FL. to get a tie rod for my KFX. The guy told me $46 on the phone, and said "be sure to ask for him"
Well when I got there, he was on lunch and the parts mgr helped me. He checked stock and said they were out. he looked under the counter and found it with a paper wrapped around it with the guys name on it. He rang it up and I paid under $27 with tax.
needless to say, the next stop was the General Mgrs office and he called in the parts mgr to hear my story. I havent seen him there since then.
Next time try ServiceHonda.com