Hey guys I had a virus problem a few weeks back that seemed to clear itself up after awhile. I put a topic up about it and you guys pretty much answered it but now im starting to have a few wierd little glitches with it again.
The most annoying problem so far is that im starting to get blocked out of search engines. Things like google and yahoo either wont come up at all or they will load and when I search something it just sits there and loads then stops responding. Im using firefox as my browser and I just updated it. I also have the latest version of Webroot spysweeper and it is not picking up any viruses. It seems mostly isolated to search engines. Occasionally they will work but i'd say 85% of the time they dont.
So my question bascially is what is going on here? Would a virus be causing this or is it something else? Possibly the DNS cache or something along those lines? As always any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure this is a conspiracy driven by Steve Jobs. He's always hated Bill Gates for getting the jump on him so he's got a secret team of virus writers in Sri Lanka that torment PC users everywhere. His plan is working; I saw something on TV yesterday that showed hundreds of PC users moving their stuff to Macs. ;)
sounds like the virus may have rewritten your host file, or put some additions in there
All other websites load fine? Have you tried a different browser temporarily? You could also try running in safe mode w/ networking, depending on how you're connected to the internet and see if you can then get to the specified websites, safe mode should stop a service or executable if that's what's keeping you from accessing those sites.
gotta say, a blank host file has got me confounded