I know this isn't on the atv topic.
I am going to be sponsoring Devildogg55's unit and sending them phone cards to call home as a donation from my office.
I have set up a pay pal account so that anyone that is interrested from this website can get invloved. From now through the end of August I will be collecting donations for phone cards .
I am running this promotion in my office (Suncoast Chiropractic) for the month of July and August to help collect funds. 100% of all donations made will be used to purchase calling cards for the troop selected. I will send the money collected at the end of August.
Donations in any amount can be made on paypal.com. Even the smallest amount will add up at the end of the month. So don't think your donation won't make a difference.
Send donations to paypal address, dr-birks@suncoastchiro.com. If you have any questions or would like to contact me check my web site for contact information, www.suncoastchiro.com / news.
Thanks in advance for those who choose to help me try to make a difference.
Doc B/ qt314nfla
i dont know any troops but its a hell of an idea and i applaud you for it. :)
You're telling me the troops risking their lives have to pay to call the US?
Yes, the latest info that I got was that they had to purchase their own calling cards to call home. So I'm attempting to offer some help. I know it's not much as it's only one unit. But everything has to start somewhere.
I'm just in shock that our government doesn't foot the bill on something as important as this. What's up with that? Anyways I'm glad there are people like you to help out :)
Somebody got the wrong idea here. our troops doesnt pay for calls, if they use the phones in the base and also they dont pay for stamps.
I just called the reserves and they said they do pay for their own cards to call their families. That's the reason I decided to try to give something back.
My sister-in-law came home about two weeks ago!!
My wife use to send coffee creamers (flavored), smokes, magazines, and just about anything that would make her life comfortable. She was always very appreciative of everything we sent. So if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
hey qt this is realy cool, i would realy apereteate something like this. my address is
LCpl Mullis Micheal
MSSG 31 HQs Det
Unit 38463
FPO AP 96604-8463
im allways spending money on phone cards, about 20 bucks a week, so this would be realy cool. and just to get every thing straight we do pay for phonecalls and stamps and for the people that think the military get every thing for free we pay for every thing besides housing. they take 200 bucks a month for the chow hall, and for all of our uniforms they took the money out of our checks at bootcamp. but anyways thank you very much for being some considerate. im shore any one who receives a free phone card will thank you also. ;D
Thanks devildog for correcting me. I have 3 cousins in Iraq and they don't pay for Phone calls home. Are you here in the states? Maybe because there out in the desert?
They use Satellite Phones on the base to call home. Max of 5 minutes per person. They tell me there a long line to make a call out. Thanks again for correcting me...
na man im in okinawa right now, but soon to be there as soon as i get the word. they like to keep us in the dark for the most part. sorry about gettin a lil routy there its just ive been hearin alot of stuff lately about people thinkin that the military has it so easy, like that micheal cain or what ever his name is, i thought you were one of those people. anybody who has family in the sand box knows how it is though. i didnt know about the free calls and stamps overthere though, thats pretty cool.
Yes, I know how it is there. First day there, Sergio got hit by flying scrape metal. Bounced off his helmet and knock him out. His home for a few weeks before he goes back to the desert. He tells me the worst part is sleeping in the desert in the fox holes went there out on patrols and the sand storms. Sand gets into everything, food, clothes and there weapons. Good Luck and keep your head down. Thanks for giving us the right too be free.
When we first got into Iraq we disn't even have phones to call home unless a special comm units would hook you up with the sat phones. When we finally got lines we had to use phone cards, even in Kuwait we had to use phones cards. We sometimes would get DSL hooks to a stateside base but your card would be from the base area to wherever you were calling. Trust me cards are good and anything else is good too. Remember if it melts don't send it.
I will be sending the money to a person in charge of delivering the cards to the troop. I'm aware there are some cards that are more valuable than others so I'm getting the info there as well. Just trying to give something back.
Jim, I'll be doing some kind of thing from my office for several charities in the Sarasota area through out the year. So any charities you know of please send me the info so I can get them on my marketing calendar.
I will be sponsoring one of our very own. A Florida resident and atv entusiast. Devildog55's troop. Also known as:
LCpl Mullis Micheal
MSSG 31 HQs Det
Unit 38463
FPO AP 96604-8463
Thank you for your service. It's not going unnoticed or unappreciated.
Doc B
Doc B.-
$25 on the way via PayPal. God bless you. ;D
Kurt
Kurt thank you so much I've received your donation.
I was having a problem w/ the account so anything sent prior to today was not received. The account has been resolved and everything is ok.
I had another thought that if someone isn't on paypal they are welcome to mail a check to my office Suncoast Chiropractic, 3034 University Parkway, Sarasota, Florida 34243. Write on the bottom or in your paypal "Troops" so I know where to allocate the money.
hey QT! Instead of giving me the money for the shirt just give it to the troops! its only $15 but i dont have a paypal account yet ??? working on it ;)
Money sent on your behalf. You have an email confirmation.
Backinsaddle thanks for your donation. Very much appreciated.
I have a spot on my webpage of donations to date. So far $65. I'll be updating the site daily.
Just sent mine.
This is a great thing that you are spearheading. Thanks for starting this Doc.
Hi all this is a great thing your doing my son will be shipping out in Aug. not sure if any of you are aware but the national gaurd unit in Arcadia has been activated so we will have a lot of are guys over there that can use all the support from home they can get..
Marie :)
Hello my name is Madie. I am using a friends username. I would just like to thank you for helping the troops. My husband is overseas for the 2nd time and he would love to know that there are people like yourself out there that are willing to do something for them. He is also a fellow devildog. Just to let everyone know that does not have or know anyone over there. They do have to buy thier calling. Its disgusting to know that AT&T is making money off our troops. It cost my husband little over $35.00 a week to just call home. Thats just not right.
That is a great idea! I would never have thought of something like this. I had no idea how much it cost them just to call their families >:( :'(
I sent a little now and will send a little more towards the end of the month.
Quote from: QT314Nfla on June 24, 2005, 05:42:14 PM
So far $65. I'll be updating the site daily.
ONLY $65 ? ? C'MON, PEOPLE!!!!
ANTE UP!!!!
hi Lauren
Donation sent, and thanks for the talk !
Not a problem. Let me know if I can be of any help. Talk to y'all soon. Thanks for the donation.
Update we have $130 to donate to devildog's unit.
Quote from: QT314Nfla on July 10, 2005, 10:35:51 PM
Not a problem. Let me know if I can be of any help. Talk to y'all soon. Thanks for the donation.
Update we have $130 to donate to devildog's unit.
need more $$$$? pm me with address, I will send some ;D
I'd like to take a moment to thank Jason for his donation while we were out at MSG.
Up to $175 to donate so far. Thanks!
Sent paypal
Mama Grizz
my freinds were so happy to find out some one was doin this for them just look
[attachment deleted by admin]
but then i told them it was only at $175 and they just fell apart
[attachment deleted by admin]
c'mon guys, i mean i realy aperteate eveything you guys are doin for us, but help a brother out, its not only for me theres another 200 Marines in my unit, so if theres not even $200 thats less then $1 per person. just though i'de put that out there
Devildog55
The Grizz family sent $50 yesterday through paypal maybe amount is not updated
Mama Grizz
Thanks so much for the generous donation. I'd also like to thank the nightbreeds again. They made another donation.
I updated it on my website but hadn't made it to here yet. Up to $250 now. Thanks again for everyone that's helped! There are so many of you out there.
I was just reading all the posts on this topic and want to thank everybody for their support for the troops. I'm getting ready to leave in october for my second tour over there. I was there for the initial invasion and the year to follow and yeah it sucked. No need to go into more detail than that. I will be home in the naples area for the last week of september and the first week of october to ride my quad as much as possible and also visit with my mom and dad before I leave for the desert again. If anyone wants to get together to do some riding let me know cause I don't really know anyone in the area and ridin by myself gets boring sometimes. Anyway, thanks again for all the support for all our service members.
I got an email from devildog's mom today. She's taking the info from my website and passing it around her office up where they live in Hudson. She also donated $50 not just to her son but to his whole crew.
I am now up to $300 and have till the end of this month when I send it. Thanks so much for everyone's support. Sounds like we may get a chance to meet him next year.
yes ma'am, i should be home around july 17th next year. kinda far now but it shore does go fast over here :-\ . so who's gonna let me ride there quad while im home ;D
Donation made today. Hope its not too late. Thanks to any and Everyone in any branch of the armed services! ;D
Thank you for your donations! So many generous ppl here. My total collection to date is up to $350. Wow! Who would have ever thought.
I also have a company here that is doing a free write up on it. I am ending my office donation portion of this at the end of the month. We have extended it to outside business donations. In addition B2B magazine in Sarasota is finding a company that will match donations. I haven't got the rest of the details on it but I will post them as I know.
THANKS!
Well the promotion in my office ended yesterday. I have a company down here that is going to match all donations made. They wanted to extend the donation portion of my office promotion through the end of November in an attempt to help promote this themselves.
Total collections to date are $450
You guys have been great! Thanks for everyone's help! Devildog, it looks like we will be sending these out at the end of November or beginning of December.
Now to figure out what to do to help our brothers and sisters in New Orleans hit by Katrina. If anyone has some suggestions of what can be done I'll pitch in and promote anything you are doing at my local chamber events.
thank u all so much. thats a good time to send it out. we will be coming back from the philippines around that time and im sure that every one will be lookin forward to talking to there famileys after the long feild exercise. my gunny is working on were to send the money. its realy hectic over here right now gettin ready for all the training, but i should know whats up with in a week or so. thank u all again. oh yeah i got some awsome knows, ill be coming home for chistmas so ill give my portion to some one else since ill beable to talk to my family in person
i had heard you were coming home. hope to get a chance to meet you on a ride. very thoughtful of you to donate yours.
New update. I got a donation from a local business man of $500. So as of now we have raised $950 for Devildog's unit.
how do i donate? paypal address....................please
Thanks Dreth and to all of the rest of you. The paypal address is dr-birks@suncoastchiro.com. I am currently in the process of getting the check from paypal and going to be sending the money soon. I would like to either get in touch w/ either Devildog's mom or w/ the person he gave me w/ the military. Working on the details and again thank you all so much for your generous donations.
thanks QT ! Ill have the wife paypal over the money this afternoon ;)
did you get the paypal?
Yes I got your donation and thank you all so much! Now I'm working on getting the money from Paypal so I can get it in the mail to Devildog. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress and total collections when sent.