I've been told that if I change to wider aftermarket tires it helps the front feel lighter. Right now I have the stock tires on my honda 4x4 and it steers heavier than a 2 wheel drive I would like to improve this if possible.
I've always found narrow tires steer easier.
If you don't mind a harder ride you can put more air in the front tires and that will make it easier
I believe the opposite is true. Typically, your stock tires are the lightest tires and your bike will handle the best with the smaller lighter tires. My Kodiaks handle the best when I leave the stock tires and rims on.
If you really want more manuverability get a Warn 424, this disengages the front drive shaft which equals better steering.
I found my foreman steers lighter after the Perfex up-grade, even with the 26" tires, than it did stock. That is when it's moving, when stoped, just the opposite. But moving I love how much easier it is to steer.
I assume your reffering to the Rancher AT in your sig, and you have the 4wd off.
The only thing that may help steering effort over the stock tires are radials like ATRs. The perfex kit will help ride improve your suspension geometry, in turn, you may improve the steering effort a bit.
Thanks for all the in put. I'll try adding more air first then go from there.