I have a dvx400 I put a hmf header and pipe on and changed out my main jet quad was runing great I then put a new intake cam in and begain running lean we bumped up my piolet jet and now I am running rich some were after running quad for a while when I shut it off I get a big puff and some times small flame out of the pipe I know this can not be good!! it seems to run fine when I hit the gas hard and stay on it and I do not get much back fireing when I let off but on the bottom end when I try to put along it I get a bit of hesitation and it seems like it wants to die on me?????
any one have any Ideas??
thanks Crazy cat
You went to big on your pilot jet. Flames out the exhaust mean to much fuel. go back to your original pilot jet and raise your needle a noch.
the stock carb on these quads do not have an adjustable needle on them.
Go to a z 400 website and look around...Or get a needle out of a DRZ 400 .
touch base with bigworm3699 He just did some jet work on his DVX. sounds rich though
GO back to your old pilot jet, shim the needle .020" to .030" you will be fine!!!
check float level too!!
the needle is adjustable. I raised mine 2 notches