We are not in FLA but a lot of our customers come from Florida! Durhamtown has over 150 miles of trails, flat track, drag strip, etc. We also have cabins and camping spots (if you don't want to drive back) Check out our website. www.durhamtown.com
If you guys have any questions about Durhamtown please feel free to ask.
Lauren
I LOVE Durhamtown, wish it was closer! :drive.gif
Quote from: randyz on August 24, 2009, 04:58:07 PM
I LOVE Durhamtown, wish it was closer! :drive.gif
Me too! That place rocks!! :Fp <nanaparty> :R :T :drink.gif :king.gif
I knew we had a lot of Florida fans!!! Thanks guys!!
Lauren ;)
We go the day after Christmas for last 3 years. Great seeing all the kids ridin them new bikes. How is CAT?
We were just there on Labor Day weekend, July 4th weekend and on August 9th. It's the total package for all levels of riders, bar none.
Quote from: stacktester on August 24, 2009, 07:50:42 PM
We go the day after Christmas for last 3 years. Great seeing all the kids ridin them new bikes. How is CAT?
Cat is great!! Just as bouncy as ever! LOL You coming this year?
Lauren
I plan on being there Labor Day weekend staying in one of the cabins See you guys then
Good!! Planning on doing the Poker Run?
We will be back up in October or November. Durhamtown is the best!!
I should be heading out there also in oct/nov,, still trying to figure out everyones schedules to when we can go! ;D ;D ;D
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you that are coming soon! Go ahead and make reservations if you haven't already....you know how the fall is.
Lauren ;)
I have never done a Porker Run So I have to find out more details before saying yes. Im staying at the Brown Roof Inn in case anyone from the site is going to be there that weekend stop by and say Hi
The Poker Run is from 9-430 and all you do is ride the trails all day with a map that has the location of 5 boxes, throughout the trail system. In the boxes are index cards, you tear the index card in half and write your name on the other half and put it back in the box. You have to be on the back deck by 430pm to turn your cards in for a poker hand. If your poker hand is a winning hand you win great prizes, and the grand prize is cash!!! You should definitely do it! You really can't lose.
I will definitely say hi when you get here. I will be here for sure.
Lauren
Don't worry about saying hi when I come. Will you do my laundry though?
;D I don't do laundry....but I can tell some one to do it for you!!! LOL
Quote from: Durhamtown on August 27, 2009, 09:41:49 AM
;D I don't do laundry....but I can tell some one to do it for you!!! LOL
You'll be my hero!!! And For The Record, I may take the "Dogote" home it's still around!!!!
Who is this? I can't remember who I told we had a dogote......Lmao
Name is Wade. I was there from 3/26 -3/29.
Well hi Wade! Unfortunately "Dogote" has gone to a better place. I can find you another one though!!
What!?!?!?!?! :'(
RIP lil pup!!!!!!!!
(http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff16/heywade/dogote.jpg)
Is that him?
Alright the Poker Run seems like it can be alot of fun. Lets see riding all day long cant go wrong what that ;)
I knew you would think so!!! ;D
I just wished they would lower the prices down or sell a family day passes. Evertime I go it is $90 a day to ride or $120 for two days and that hurts in these rough times.
Quote from: cd4mud on August 27, 2009, 03:12:49 PM
I just wished they would lower the prices down or sell a family day passes. Evertime I go it is $90 a day to ride or $120 for two days and that hurts in these rough times.
I understand where you are coming from. (trust me) The reason he (Mike-owner) won't budge on the price is because he went 8 years without changing the rate. He has only changed it once. I will talk to him about doing a family rate and see where I get. I think that is a good idea. I just have to hear his thoughts on it and get back to you.
Lauren
Compare DP's rates to a trip to DisneyWorld;
http://www.orlandoticketsales.com/oi/Walt_Disney_World_C65.cfm?s_kwcid=disneyworld|2092427624
Disney's 2-3x the cost of DP for any/everything!
The reason all of these resorts cost so much is because it takes a lot of money to run them. I didn't realize exactly how much until I was put into my position. Everything has to be considered when you are breaking down cost. I can't say that Mike will create a family package, all I can do is voice your concerns. Ultimately he makes all of the decisions.
Thanks,
Lauren
That dog never missed a meal at our cabin,kinda sad that he is gone, I think the prices are real fair. Where can you go and have all that in one place,roll out of bed and go riding all day long. The trip we took kinda sucked cause it rained the whole time but we all still had fun
(http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa316/Andy9933/DSCN575320Medium.jpg)
I don't know if he died or ran away. I haven't seen him around lately. Sorry you miss lil "dogote". I kinda do too.
It looks like you had fun!!! That is a great pic! You should email it to me so I can get it posted to our website.
Lauren
It does take a lot to get to DTP. I live in Jax and we go up every year the day after Christmas. Just booked a cabin yesterday as a matter of fact. I have a toy hauler but to me it's cheaper to just throw the bikes on a trailer and rent a cabin, plus I don't have to clean the camper when I get back. The prices for 3 days are like what? $55 for 3 days? I don't care what anybody says, Mike has a good place up there and we've always had a good time. He doesn't gouge you on food and CAT 55 is free entertainment.
My only wish is that it was closer. It's 5 hours for us. I'm looking forward to the trip this year.
5 hrs?? you're fortunate. Our drive loaded down from Orlando is approx 8-9hrs. Been about a half dozen times and look forward to every trip back. The trip there is not too bad. The sore trip back is not so great.
Quote from: Andy9933 on August 27, 2009, 07:03:31 PM
That dog never missed a meal at our cabin,kinda sad that he is gone, I think the prices are real fair. Where can you go and have all that in one place,roll out of bed and go riding all day long. The trip we took kinda sucked cause it rained the whole time but we all still had fun
True true. It was a mudfest!!!! But well worth it!!!!
(http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff16/heywade/Durhamtown.jpg)
You all really have some great pics. Im glad you had fun even though it was rainy. It's not raining now!!!
Last Christmas was so wet. I bet Mike lost a few tandem loads of DP on bikes leaving. The 2 wheelers were really having it tough. I had to pick a bike up for a girl whe fell in front of us.
[/quote]
True true. It was a mudfest!!!! But well worth it!!!!
(http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff16/heywade/Durhamtown.jpg)
[/quote]
Hey look its me on the Mud covered red Honda with the red rings on the wheels.
Yea I can totally tell. lol Next time you decide to visit you are going to have to cover yourself in mud so I will recognize you!!! :P
We are bringing a group of 10-12 up for Labor Day. See you there!
Hey Speedquest were are you guys staying at? Myself and family are staying at the Brown roof Inn should be getting there Thurs nite
I will see you guys Saturday. I won't be there Thurs or Fri!! Tell the girls at the counter I said to treat you right!! ;D
Thanks,
Lauren
Quote from: T2 on September 02, 2009, 10:17:32 PM
Hey Speedquest were are you guys staying at? Myself and family are staying at the Brown roof Inn should be getting there Thurs nite
We will be staying in our RV on site. We get in late Friday night if the 8 hour drive up goes well.
I'll be up there Nov 6-9, staying in the Brown Roof Inn also. Its also 8-9 hrs from me!
Durhamtown was awesome. The staff was helpful, the trails were incredible and the whole place was very well organized. Rode all day Saturday and did the Poker Run. Won lots of prizes and paid for itself many times over.
Sunday we took advantage of the skeet range, then went down to the rifle range and sighted in the new SiG 556. Went fishing later in the day and relaxed.
Next up on the schedule is the RaptorRally Nov. 6th-8th at the MotoPlex!
I am so glad you had a great time. Thanks for the feedback!!
Lauren
Dear Lauren,
Please make it stop raining up there so I can come up this weekend and enjoy my birthday.
Thanks,
Wade
Dear Wade,
I will do what I can!! I will just turn the switch to the off position! Its been raining so you won't have to deal with the dust!
I told you not to bring the rain with you when you came!!!! :P
Lauren