Don't get me wrong its great and about time they made the atv trails so you know where you can ride without a hassle or fine but from a family of 5 its darn expensive.I am fine with the $38.50 for registration and sticker but $10.00 bucks for the 1 -3 day pass per bike for a day of rideing is steep .I know if you camp 3 days its cheaper per day,( plus the camping fee), but most of the time we pick a sat or sun to go for a day ride but I am in the hole 50 bucks before we stop for gas and food.Of course the wife flips when I tell her I need 100.00 bucks for everthing then I get the we need to sell those things bit.Good thing my atvs are old and paid for .Jeez I can take my boat to the lake to ski and fish for less than $50 for a day.Anybody know if they plan to have a actual day pass that would or should be alot cheaper?
I would bet with the new socialist admin we have in the white house it will GO UP
yea I think your right just look at the price that car tags are going up so I bet future atv registrations will get jacked to.
I think it's a fair deal. I always make it a three day event. If I was living there (Ocala) I would have the yearly pass.
Just look at Big Cypress down here. $50.00 pass plus all the registation stuff. You can only ride about 3 months out of the year. There is always a special closing: too dry, too wet, fire threat etc.
I think last year we paid $70 for Big Cyprus sticker. Only rode it that one time because we were up to our knees in water most of the time.
When I talked to one of the ranger-looking guys at Ocala, I asked about why it wasn't just a day pass and that $10 if you had a family could get quite pricey. He said "Keeps the riff raff and trouble makers out." Do i don't see it going down in price. Dawn
10 bucks to ride miles of trails for three days ain't so bad to me. riding in a mud hole in a cow pasture with a bunch of drunks....priceless
LOL, I love that ranger quote ''keeps out the riff raff and trouble makers'' didn't know atving was such a high class sport .I guess I need that 2nd job to afford the sport.I guess I was just lucky / spoiled as a kid I grew up in ft lauderdale and used to ride out at the sunrise musical theater / tamarac area it was 1 mile from my house in sunrise used to ride on the side of the road to get there never any cop problems and it was free.Also rode out off hwy 27 and holiday park ,wd ranch ,jw corbett in palm beach etc also spent some time riding over at collier seminole state park actual camped there but could ride right down the rode all great times that I tell my kids about and all free ,oh how the times have changed.I guess I need to focus on 1 hobby but I am an outdoors guy/family between camping / boating / fishing / 4 wheeling /atvs its all older stuff and paid for but there are fees for everything now and the cost of everything has gone up but not the pay.Just lucky to have a job I guess.
Maybe SPEED BUMP or BUSTED NUTZ can get you a discount They are ranger wanna-bes
I paid the registration fees on all 6 of my ATV' years ago when I bought them.
$10.00 for a three day pass isn't bad. At lease it a legal place to ride with out
the riff raft or trouble makers. Rode a few weeks ago at a place (I wont name)
I paid to park so my things wouldn't get riped off. I'm glad to have legal places
to ride.
get the yellow pass evelope, take the coupon off you need and throw the envelope in the garbage. No way they cross refence those with those who paid until the next day. then get another. ;D
Why in the world would you say something like that online?
If it's high class to not have cheap bastards ruining the privilege for the rest of us, hell yea! >:(
And Wilburz is from Royal Palm...shame on you! You give us Royal Palm Beachers a bad name! Dawn
Sorry for the attitude. I'm frustrated by ignorant people who demand irresponsible use of public works/resources/lands, while simultaneously demanding tax cuts/budget cuts/less government and then expect the Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny to pay for it all. We can now expect increased(not less) ONF officials monitoring the cash boxes. You might be Riff-Raff if.................
well, if you straight shooters pay , then you have nothing to worry about. even with the increased toll box monitoring. But I will take my chances. Its squares like you all that let all this trails stuff get instituted. Its a joke. Go up there , pay yer 10 bucks, and inhale all the other nerds dust.
And I might not pay but I am by no means irresponsible. I pick up all my beer cans and carry out what I carry in. I also make sure I put out all fires that are started when I put out my smokes and pick up all my butts.
And not pay but taking a coupon is no secret.
Well we are going up Labor Day week-end. We will pay the price.
We will ride and enjoy ourselves, also be greatful to have a legal
place to ride.
Blaming others for the imposition of those ONF fees is all that immature and irresponsible thieves have to justify their own selfishness. It's exactly why the fees have been imposed on the rest of us! And, of course, you cheap bastards will take no blame when those collection boxes get removed due to your theft and we're all forced to pay at a ranger station.
You tellum ranger Skeered and Ranger Speedy bumpill back you lol
You could just do the $75 Annual pass and then ride to your hearts content.
Watching the news this morning and saw where they want to start
charging to get into any state park (to picknick, walk around or what
not). So $10.00 for a 3 day pass is not bad to ride your ATV. There
are some ATV parts that charge $15.00 a day per person. I think the
money we pay helps to maintain the trails and keeps the riff raff out.
Happy trails and be safe this week end, alot of people on the roads
and trails.
I have no problem with the fees. The money goes back into the trails. It goes for volunters to trim the limbs back, remove fallen trees, smooth out the trails and fill holes. It also goes for fuel for the tractors that pull the disk that smooths out the whoop te do's. There is a lot that goes into upkeep of a trail system.
For my family and freinds to have a place to ride atv's and camp with no problems is great.
For the limited manpower the rangers and volunters have my hat is off to you for makeing my trip fun.
And I expect that the new trails going in over the next three years will make it even better. Can hardly wait.
I don't have a problem with fees and I buy the yearly pass at $75.
I do think the yearly pass is a bit high considering I can buy a yearly
out of state pass to ride all 600+ miles of the Hatfield McCoy Trails in
WV for $50 and I only go there 3 to 4 times a year and I do buy the pass.
But I'm happy to how a place to ride even at $75 a year.
Jim
I have a problem with GOV fees we pay taxes so people that cant get a job any place else can wear a uniform and harass me WE rode there for years with no fees and they had 1/2 the sorry ass rangers there