My wife has three days off and were thinking about taking a trip to off road area. New to atv's and just bought a Polaris RZR. We would like to here opinions on the best place to spend a couple days in FL or south GA.
Quote from: markcrain on May 21, 2009, 11:55:20 AM
My wife has three days off and were thinking about taking a trip to off road area. New to atv's and just bought a Polaris RZR. We would like to here opinions on the best place to spend a couple days in FL or south GA.
www.floridamotoplex.com
I'd hit up the Plex.
5A or Croom
I dont think you can bring the RZR to croom. I would look into that.
Quote from: chrisyzf450 on May 21, 2009, 01:04:53 PM
I dont think you can bring the RZR to croom. I would look into that.
Good point. You definately cannot ride a RZR at Croom.
QuotePermits will be issued for two wheel cycles and 3 and 4 wheel ATVs. ATVs must meet the following requirements:
a) Wheel base of less than 55 inches.
b) Width of less than 45 inches.
c) Total vehicle weight less than 500 Ibs.
d) Travel on 3 or 4 low pressure tires.
e) Has a seat that is designed to be straddled by the operator.
RZR = Motoplex, Ocala National Forest.
The Ocala National Forest is VERY strict. We got info sent to us from the park rangers and there is hardly any room for error on the trails. You go off the trail you get fined even if it is accidental. I've seen more bad stories than good about that place.
Motoplex is good. You could also look into Bunnel. Creek Bottom is in Georgia haven't been yet, but I hear it's really good. It's on my to ride list.
You can also stay at Elite Resorts and trailer your UTV to an Ocala trailhead up the highway a bit to explore the Ocala North trails.
http://www.eliteresorts.com/saltsprings/index.html
Quote from: Paul_S on May 21, 2009, 12:03:39 PM
Quote from: markcrain on May 21, 2009, 11:55:20 AM
My wife has three days off and were thinking about taking a trip to off road area. New to atv's and just bought a Polaris RZR. We would like to here opinions on the best place to spend a couple days in FL or south GA.
www.floridamotoplex.com
Don't forget the annual membership!
Quote from: turbosire on May 21, 2009, 12:44:00 PM
5A or Croom
I've heard of Croom and the RZR is not allowed. What\where is 5A
We're leaving @ noon for http://www.southernridgeatvtrails.com/ .
http://www.creekbottomtrailrides.com/ is NOT open this weekend. Going there for July 4th. But, http://www.durhamtown.com/ is still the best. After 1 June 2009, you must either be a member or you can only go to http://www.floridaatv.com/ during special events. I don't quite understand that business decision. Are they doing that well financially that they can discourage visitors?
Quote from: AintSkeered on May 22, 2009, 12:27:49 PM
But, http://www.durhamtown.com/ is still the best.
+1 You really can't beat Durhamtown. You can definately give that RZR a workout there too!!!!
Ok. The Plex straightened me out. The membership allows you to ride 300 or more days per year. We'll visit in July. It's clearly the best in FL. BTW, I just returned from SW AL's http://www.southernridgeatvtrails.com/ and found another spot I'll have to visit in July http://www.boggsandboulders.com/.
I wish I had the pics of that RZR trying to cross the hill climb area when it was flooded at the Motoplex.
All you could see was the fella that was stading up with his head out of the roll cage and the very tip of the roll cage. That thing was DEEP!
I LOVE going to Ocala. Have been many times and never had a problem. Dawn
Quote from: Bulldog66 on June 26, 2009, 02:17:25 AM
I wish I had the pics of that RZR trying to cross the hill climb area when it was flooded at the Motoplex.
All you could see was the fella that was stading up with his head out of the roll cage and the very tip of the roll cage. That thing was DEEP!
You mean this one?
My vote goes to Mud Muckers! Over 50 miles of muddy trails, couple of mud race pits, usually good bands, decent showers, pressure washers for clean up. Super fun place!!! Can't wait to go next.
Where is Mud Muckers located?
Quote from: TNTaylor on July 31, 2009, 12:38:33 PM
Where is Mud Muckers located?
Bunnell, FL
We have ridden there, not bad at all.
Hey, is that DirtyFace all sunk at the Plex?
Quote from: AintSkeered on July 31, 2009, 02:29:14 PM
Hey, is that DirtyFace all sunk at the Plex?
Oh CRAP! It is..His son is under there somewhere.
No, Its not me guys. I wish it was,,, or maybe not. But it kind of looks like me but I'm better looking. I am out in Arkansas right now loading watermelons. Lots of fun.. I just bought a house north of Atlanta so I will be checking out durhamtown quite regularly. Talk to you guys soon.. ;)
Tom, we'll be @ Durhamtown a week from Mon. If you'll be back in Atlanta, give me a ring.
Robert, I won't be back their till October but have fun and be careful.