My cooling fan crapped out this weekend, so I went to the auto parts store and bought a universal cooling fan/motor of the same size and it works great but.... My question is...I noticed this weekend the universal fan kept cycling on and off at around 150deg. witch is OK but with the OEM fan/motor it used to stay on and run for what seemed like 30sec or more.
Any ideas what could be different from OEM to a uni cooling fan or why I'm noticing it now and not before?
thanks for your input.
Maybe the OEM fan had some type of built in time delay relay which made it wait a few sec after it was told to shut off before it acually did shut off? Maybe the aftermarket fan is more efficent at cooling so it shuts off more offten. (ie: different ratio internally) hopefully it draws no more amps than the OEM fan. Just a few thoughts.
well if you would ever drive more then 5mph the fan wouldnt come on as much :D not like I have room to talk about rhino issues ::)
as far as the issues like swamper said the new fan may do a better job... ever get it set back up where its not on the toggle?
or you didnt have the tunes crancked up like usual <nanaparty>
nope its hooked back up like the factory fan was 8)
cool deal next time im out there we'll have to time the fan cycles see which is longer/shorter or something in the mean time you know the skinny pedal on the right ya keep it to the floor you panzi, feel like im on a sunday stroll following your really clean rhino :Z
How much was this universal fan? mine crapped out on my polaris sportsman.I want to relocate it and a stock fan from polaris is 250 buxx!!!
it was about fifty bucks at advanced auto parts.
One thing I came across one time, a customer installed a aftermarket auto parts fan is it ran in the oppisite direction as the atv fan which made the bike run hotter, most atv fans are mounted on the back of the radiator and automotive mount on the front, just something to look at or keep in mind when buying a new one.
DC motors run in both directions depending on the polarity.
I put a after market fan on my 500 spm works ok seems to run longer but keeps the bike cool except heavy muddin,beats spending 300 $$$$!!!!
YA DC MOTORS WILL RUN either direction but the angle of the blade dictates what direction it needs to run, weather it is pushing or pulling the air..