A couple years back it was legal to ride in the dunes just east of Ft. McCoy. Does anyone know if you can still ride there? Thanks, Dawn
Its all blocked off now. :'(.
its too bad that place is blocked off. we started some good rides from there.
jeff
Quote from: jjamesbar on April 30, 2009, 06:46:07 PM
its too bad that place is blocked off. we started some good rides from there.
jeff
Yes we did. It was a good place to start from or a good destination when starting from somewhere else.
Jeff, my favorite ride was when we started at Idas cabin and rode in the rain most of the day. We went to the St. Johns river, by my place, and the Eureka pit. If I remember correctly we did about 75 miles that day.
I know the last time we went up there I spent 30 minutes just picking up trash in the parking area and couldn't believe that people would leave it looking like that. Nice enough to let you ride there and they leave it looking like a garbage dump. Doesn't mean it was just ATVers. Could have been kids partying there at night too. You don't appreciate what you've got until it is gone. Please be respectful of the property where you ride or we will loose it all eventually just like in Palm Beach County. It was such a great place to ride too. Thanks for the info. Dawn
come on Matt one more ride
Thats some more of SPEEDYBUMPS buddies TAKE PUBLIC MONEY FOR PUBLIC LAND AND DENY PUBLIC ACESS motto of ONF
I don't believe Eureka Dam is part of ONF. Have you been there?
yes I have
then you know that if the hillbillies didn't dump their trash there, do wheelies up and down the blacktop, ride on the south side of the road where the signage clearly said do not ride here, and ride in the drainage ditches tearing them up it might still be open. that's what I think anyway.
well sport Funny Thing hillbillys were there for years before the ATV and dirt bikes showed up and there wasnt that problem Wonder what happened
I just stated in my previous thread what I thought happened. By the way my name is not sport.
Busta...don't take "sport" as a bad thing. Some grown adults just can't imagine typing the sentence "Well, Busta Nut, the hillbillies were blah blah blah." Sometimes "sport" just is easier to type sometimes. haha
If everyone, hillbillies or ATVers, would take more trash out with them than they brought in, and if they didn't rip stuff up, we wouldn't be the ogres that they claim we are. Treat the places where you ride with respect or we will lose it.
Quote from: D33411 on May 04, 2009, 09:07:37 AM
Treat the places where you ride with respect or we will lose it.
Excellent advice. I often ride the Hump in Florida City area and it really pisses me off when I see people toss their empty cans or water bottles or even worse people dumping in a secluded area.
Now TNT I could see that the body dumping may become a problem in your area. But it is alligator mating season so maybe that will help. Dawn
Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 30, 2009, 09:56:42 PM
Quote from: jjamesbar on April 30, 2009, 06:46:07 PM
its too bad that place is blocked off. we started some good rides from there.
jeff
Yes we did. It was a good place to start from or a good destination when starting from somewhere else.
Jeff, my favorite ride was when we started at Idas cabin and rode in the rain most of the day. We went to the St. Johns river, by my place, and the Eureka pit. If I remember correctly we did about 75 miles that day.
matt
jeff
matt
i loved the stop overs at your cabin. it was so easy to pull into for gas or lunch. that rain ride was fun. i really miss those days. i posted some pics of one of our last rides from there in the photo thread.
jeff
Quote from: D33411 on May 04, 2009, 03:30:22 PM
Now TNT I could see that the body dumping may become a problem in your area. But it is alligator mating season so maybe that will help. Dawn
okay... you got me... :K