Did it hold? Any secrets? I've already purchased a replacement, but hate to trash it with such a tiny cut in the sidewalk and low milage. I'm thinking a patch/plug combo , just happen to have one in the drawer.(it's like findind an old condom
In your bedside dresser. ) I've seen it in there for years but never had a need for it, until now. I bet it's at least 10 years old. Thinking maybe using garilla glue instead of rubber cement. Tire is a ITP mud lite xtr 27 11R 14. Cut might be a half inch long, if that.
Sorry, but I could not resist, I was getting ready to ask some questions on SIDEWALK Repairs.
I have done repairs with several plugs... 4-5 plugs and they have held well as long as I used rubber contact cement.
Vforce, thanks, the friggin iPhone changes my spelling, usually the wrong way.
You could also always get a tube for it too. My buddy got one installed for $30 total cost at Pat's tire in West Palm Beach
j b weld super glue and patch/plug will fix rim/tire dont ask me how i no but i will tell u in works ran arond on rim and tire like that for bout 7 months never leaked
Once you push the plug in the tire, leave some of the plug sticking out and light it with a lighter and let it burn almost to the tire and then put out the flame. It will let the plug melt to the tire and the spot where it goes though the tire.
Damn great info, I read the Gorilla glue label and there's no mention about working with rubber. Gonna try a few different things tomorrow. Before commiting to one that might not work for $hit.
I was able to get a new tire for $101.00 and $20.00 for mounting, at a local dealer. He had two identical tires for $101 and $120 >:D. Damn good thing I looked :o at the other tires price. Online there $130+ shipping???
You're only running 4-6 lbs of pressure and won't be on the Autobahn, so, a plug's fine.
I had the samae type of tire with the same type of cut. Just spend 8 bucks at a tire shop and have them put a "boot" on the inside of the tire.