Big Cyprus Preserve is on fire. I wonder how long it will be before they blame and ATVer.
If you are a smoker (see how quick I am to blame...haha), please don't throw your butts out the window or off your quads. Not only is the world not your ashtray, but you could very easily start a fire. Thanks, Smokey da Bear
gotta love skoal ;D all the fun tabbacco u need and no one ever tells you how to use it. :-*
North side of the alley and east of 29. Bear Island is closed. However, it was caused by a lightning strike. This is the time of the year (just about every year) the Glades burn.
It's completely natural. They are foolish to try to put it out. They need to let it burn every year. It's better for the environment.
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 23, 2009, 09:04:13 PM
North side of the alley and east of 29. Bear Island is closed. However, it was caused by a lightning strike. This is the time of the year (just about every year) the Glades burn.
It's completely natural. They are foolish to try to put it out. They need to let it burn every year. It's better for the environment.
Lightning, you sure. I don't think there's been any rain anywere in florida.
OH MY GOD....anoriginal you were RIGHT! Said on the news this morning it was Lightening not one of those nasty ATVers! Very good! You can take the day off with pay!
Alligator Alley still closed and they should have fire under control by Monday. So sounds like they are going to let it burn like you said. Take Monday off with pay too! haha
Glad they're letting it burn. That area needed to be burned for some time. This morning, the NPS said that a bit over 4000 acres had burned thus far.
Oh, thanks for the days off. Me and Trx#9 are headed to the Fuzzy Pickle for the lunch buffet and lap dances. ;)
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 24, 2009, 08:25:14 AM
Glad they're letting it burn. That area needed to be burned for some time. This morning, the NPS said that a bit over 4000 acres had burned thus far.
Oh, thanks for the days off. Me and Trx#9 are headed to the Fuzzy Pickle for the lunch buffet and lap dances. ;)
See you guys around 11:30. I am the third dancer in the line-up. I go by the name Flex buff chest. Bring your dollar bills!!!
rolback1
Just got another update emailed to me on the fire. Here it is:
Big Cypress Fire Activity
Deep Fire 4/24 0700 Update
As of 0700 this morning the estimated extent of burned area associated with
the Deep Fire within Big Cypress National Preserve is 8,500 acres. Crews
are in the field today with the main objective of dousing any spot fires
that occur west of State Road 29 and continuing to create fire break around
the perimeter of the fire. Currently containment is at 20 - 30%
Poor smoke dispersion is anticipated throughout the day which will require
the continued closure of Interstate 74 and State Road 29. Travelers are
encouraged to be patient, drive carefully and add additional travel time
along alternative routes.
The fire continues to burn east of State Road 29 only. Residents in the
Naples area may experience smoke effects in the early morning hours due to
prevailing winds.
Closures to recreation access within the Bear Island Unit remain in place
until further notice.
Additional up-dates will be posted at approximately 11:00, 4:00 and 7:00.
For continued up-dates on fire activity within the Preserve visit -
http://www.nps.gov/bicy/naturescience/fire-activity-and-related-closures.htm
Bob DeGross
Big Cypress National Preserve
Chief of Interpretation and Public Affairs
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 24, 2009, 08:25:14 AM
Glad they're letting it burn. That area needed to be burned for some time. This morning, the NPS said that a bit over 4000 acres had burned thus far.
Oh, thanks for the days off. Me and Trx#9 are headed to the Fuzzy Pickle for the lunch buffet and lap dances. ;)
See you guys around 11:30. I am the third dancer in the line-up. I go by the name Flex buff chest. Bring your dollar bills!!!
I'm a sucker for leather chaps....... :o
Let's play word association...pyromaniac
anoriginal
Did anyone else make that association? haha Got an alibi, mister?
Quote from: trx#9 on April 24, 2009, 11:40:29 AM
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 24, 2009, 08:25:14 AM
Glad they're letting it burn. That area needed to be burned for some time. This morning, the NPS said that a bit over 4000 acres had burned thus far.
Oh, thanks for the days off. Me and Trx#9 are headed to the Fuzzy Pickle for the lunch buffet and lap dances. ;)
See you guys around 11:30. I am the third dancer in the line-up. I go by the name Flex buff chest. Bring your dollar bills!!!
I'm a sucker for leather chaps....... :o
oh oh, did some one say leather chaps! :o :Clap.gif they better be azzless! There is a special place in my heart for them! Also that is a load of crap that you guys didnt invite me to the pickle! :'(
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on April 24, 2009, 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 24, 2009, 11:40:29 AM
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 24, 2009, 08:25:14 AM
Glad they're letting it burn. That area needed to be burned for some time. This morning, the NPS said that a bit over 4000 acres had burned thus far.
Oh, thanks for the days off. Me and Trx#9 are headed to the Fuzzy Pickle for the lunch buffet and lap dances. ;)
See you guys around 11:30. I am the third dancer in the line-up. I go by the name Flex buff chest. Bring your dollar bills!!!
I'm a sucker for leather chaps....... :o
oh oh, did some one say leather chaps! :o :Clap.gif they better be azzless! There is a special place in my heart for them! Also that is a load of crap that you guys didnt invite me to the pickle! :'(
Sorry MAV. We thought you were working the bar there today. Our bad.
Quote from: D33411 on April 24, 2009, 11:42:46 AM
Let's play word association...pyromaniac
anoriginal
Did anyone else make that association? haha Got an alibi, mister?
Yeah, I was shopping for Harley t-backs with Trx#9.
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on April 24, 2009, 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 24, 2009, 11:40:29 AM
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 24, 2009, 08:25:14 AM
Glad they're letting it burn. That area needed to be burned for some time. This morning, the NPS said that a bit over 4000 acres had burned thus far.
Oh, thanks for the days off. Me and Trx#9 are headed to the Fuzzy Pickle for the lunch buffet and lap dances. ;)
See you guys around 11:30. I am the third dancer in the line-up. I go by the name Flex buff chest. Bring your dollar bills!!!
I'm a sucker for leather chaps....... :o
oh oh, did some one say leather chaps! :o :Clap.gif they better be azzless! There is a special place in my heart for them! Also that is a load of crap that you guys didnt invite me to the pickle! :'(
Oh they are assless alright. By the way, don't don't worry about not catching me at the Fuzzy Pickle. I'll also be dancing later in the week at the Golden Banana and Peckers later in the week. You still have your VIP cards right?
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 11:58:10 AM
Oh they are assless alright. By the way, don't don't worry about not catching me at the Fuzzy Pickle. I'll also be dancing later in the week at the Golden Banana and Peckers later in the week. You still have your VIP cards right?
No I don't have it anymore. I wore my last one out. Can you get me another one?
May I just say 2 words..."brazilian wax".
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on April 24, 2009, 12:12:31 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 11:58:10 AM
Oh they are assless alright. By the way, don't don't worry about not catching me at the Fuzzy Pickle. I'll also be dancing later in the week at the Golden Banana and Peckers later in the week. You still have your VIP cards right?
No I don't have it anymore. I wore my last one out. Can you get me another one?
You betcha!! Whoa I just noticed you are just up the road in Largo. Please don't stalk me...
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 12:25:01 PM
You betcha!! Whoa I just noticed you are just up the road in Largo. Please don't stalk me...
I am not just up the road I am every where! :-*
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 12:25:01 PM
Quote from: MOTOCROSS MAVERICK on April 24, 2009, 12:12:31 PM
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 11:58:10 AM
Oh they are assless alright. By the way, don't don't worry about not catching me at the Fuzzy Pickle. I'll also be dancing later in the week at the Golden Banana and Peckers later in the week. You still have your VIP cards right?
No I don't have it anymore. I wore my last one out. Can you get me another one?
You betcha!! Whoa I just noticed you are just up the road in Largo. Please don't stalk me...
I'm in Tarpon, Mav and I can sandwich you..... ::)
A budding bromance perhaps?
Quote from: trx#9 on April 24, 2009, 12:42:32 PM
I'm in Tarpon, Mav and I can sandwich you..... ::)
Wow an MX sandwich!!! Rock on in Tarpon. I am a 1995 Sponger Alumni!!!!
Quote from: shogun323 on April 24, 2009, 02:41:50 PM
Quote from: trx#9 on April 24, 2009, 12:42:32 PM
I'm in Tarpon, Mav and I can sandwich you..... ::)
Wow an MX sandwich!!! Rock on in Tarpon. I am a 1995 Sponger Alumni!!!!
I'm class of 91 and my wife is 95'. :o
And they lived happily ever after....the end.