ATV Florida Forum

General => Open Discussion => Topic started by: Anoriginal on April 14, 2009, 02:12:50 PM

Title: HID Lights
Post by: Anoriginal on April 14, 2009, 02:12:50 PM
Here's the deal. I've got two Kawasaki Brute Force 750i's. I use them mainly to go in and out of my place in the Everglades. Often times, I make this trip at night so, good lights are a must. While the stock lights work pretty well, I'd like to upgrade to HID lighting.

I've checked online and see lots of kits for various ATVs. However, I haven't found one for the Brute Force.

Anyone here made the upgrade to HID on a Brute Force or have any ideas on kits, etc.? I'm sure I can find something. But, if someone's already got a system in place that works well...why reinvent the wheel?

I've read the info on Highlifter and most of those systems seem pieced together to me. What I'm looking for is a "plug and play" type set up.

Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: HID Lights
Post by: dj_pizzim on April 15, 2009, 02:56:27 AM
Hey Matt, What type bulb does it use?  We've got a few systems at the store if you tell me the bulb # i can get ya some options
Title: Re: HID Lights
Post by: Chillinthemost on April 15, 2009, 03:32:21 AM
Try some night vision goggles.
Title: Re: HID Lights
Post by: Anoriginal on April 15, 2009, 01:22:42 PM
I've got some. Only problem is, I keep running into trees with them because my depth perception is all messed up. I think I'll just steal your truck lights and duct tape them to the front rack.
Title: Re: HID Lights
Post by: Chillinthemost on April 15, 2009, 08:41:28 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 15, 2009, 01:22:42 PM
I've got some. Only problem is, I keep running into trees with them because my depth perception is all messed up. I think I'll just steal your truck lights and duct tape them to the front rack.
Your depth perseption has gotten us into trouble more than a few times. ;D
Title: Re: HID Lights
Post by: Anoriginal on April 15, 2009, 08:48:40 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on April 15, 2009, 08:41:28 PM
Quote from: Anoriginal on April 15, 2009, 01:22:42 PM
I've got some. Only problem is, I keep running into trees with them because my depth perception is all messed up. I think I'll just steal your truck lights and duct tape them to the front rack.
Your depth perseption has gotten us into trouble more than a few times. ;D

Well, that and your Mich Ultra intake combined for a tragic outcome. Borderline "Natastrophy".   ;)
Title: Re: HID Lights
Post by: dj_pizzim on April 16, 2009, 12:22:22 PM
You need to buy a kit with H4 bulbs .... pull you stockers out and use a dremel to open it up a bit ... then use RTV or any other temp resistant glue to seal everything back up .... i would suggest staying away from the plug and play kits as they can cause problems due to the small wiring in the quads ... using a kit with relays that feed from the battery will ensure you dont blow fuses ect .... it not a hug problem but those light draw like crazy when they ignite so ive seen a few people blow a fuse .... the down side is the plug and play kits are cheaper.