Brought my bike home last weekend on a trailer. When I loaded it up, I forgot to shut off the gas. I rolled it off and hit the start button, and the thing sounded hydrolocked. I pulled the spark plug, and sure enough it was... hydrolocked with gas! I have had the gas on while transporting it many times, and never had that problem. Any ideas?
Float could be stuck in the carb.
You should always turn the fuel off while transporting, because that is always a possibility. You might want to change the oil too. Gas may have got to the oil as well.
Yeah, I'm gonna drain the float bowl and change all the fluids this weekend. Just surprised the hell outta me.You can bet I'll remember to turn the gas off from now on!
There could be a piece of dirt in the main jet. That would hold the needle up and flood the cylinder. I would take the bowl off and clean in there really good with carb cleaner. Have someone slowly give it a little gas with the bowl off so you can move the needle up and clean up in there.
The piece of dirt will be in the needle seat not the main jet,and hold the needle down letting fuel flow all the time. Pull the float pin and needle and be sure to check the needle for abnormal wear. Jason