Who's in? Rode there last week. Perfect conditions. 8)
would if I could, got a test for fire department, but we were there yesterday and it was good conditions, still dry though! I like it when it is ALL WATER!!!
are you talking about the hump?? if you are then ill see if i can make it
Yes, The Hump..
I'll be there on a Vinson 500 Camo and my son on a blue Raptor 700. Flag me down if you see us. I live in Keys Gate right next to that place and we ride there all the time.
I am going to try and make this. I want to meet all of you guys and do some riding!
Sounds like its gonna be a nice sized group
IF,,,,,,,,,,,,, I get my new tires, Get my Daughter's new ride together( Wicked clean 01 foreman 450 ), Get my Sportsman together for one more ride before the engine rebuild, And help my riding partner finish his Rincon gear reduction, We'll come down and ride with you. Love to meet new people.
dave carefull joe likes to hug alot :-* lol lol lol lol
just kiddin joe if i get my top end back on my bike ill be there and i wont loose any wheels before u get there this time lol ;)
I do like to hug.
Quote from: JackL on March 31, 2009, 11:22:40 AM
I am going to try and make this. I want to meet all of you guys and do some riding!
You gonna be on your Vinson? I'll be on a Vinson cammo riding with my son hot rodding around on a blue Raptor. Flag us down if we cross paths. I know every trail and mud hole in the Hump.
Its on.... Sunday 10am
My son & I will definitely be there Sunday. I'll be wearing an ATV Florida shirt. I'll look forward to meeting anyone from this site. The cops haven't been bothering anyone back there for a few months buit it has been getting a lot more riders lately so I suspect they will be out there in force again soon checking registrations so make sure you have them with you. I've been stopped there many times but never hasseled once they view my ID & registration.
Maybe I'll stop by. I'm dropping my kids off at my mother-in-law's house in Tavernier on Saturday so maybe I'll take the Outlander with us and do the Hump on the way back home. I doubt I would be there by 10 so how late do you guys plan on being there?
Ive never been stopped out there. Do you need to carry the paper reg. or is the sticker on the fender good enough?
We usually dont leave till about 6 - 6:30
Quote from: TNTaylor on April 01, 2009, 12:20:40 PM
Quote from: JackL on March 31, 2009, 11:22:40 AM
I am going to try and make this. I want to meet all of you guys and do some riding!
You gonna be on your Vinson? I'll be on a Vinson cammo riding with my son hot rodding around on a blue Raptor. Flag us down if we cross paths. I know every trail and mud hole in the Hump.
Yeah, same red Vinson. My front pumpkin is broken right now, but I have another and am going to try and get it swapped in before Sunday.
Where do you enter and park at the humps anyway??
BTW: I was on 344th yesterday and about 1/2 way to Biscayne Park I saw a pretty good looking spot on the right and thought of you and the camo Vinson.
Quote from: JOE3504x4 on April 03, 2009, 08:23:24 AM
Ive never been stopped out there. Do you need to carry the paper reg. or is the sticker on the fender good enough?
I've always showed my registration but I believe the sticker and your DL should be sufficient. This time last year there was a pack of Miami-Dade police roaming around back there on ATVs. They were only busting people riding off the trails in posted Environmentally sensitive areas, people riding through farmer's crops (yea, some dumbazz did some damage to some crops) and people riding ATVs with no ID or registration, especially if the serial # had been tampered with. They were always friendly with me but I'm a retired Marine and much older than most of the riders in the area.
Quote from: JackL on April 03, 2009, 09:29:16 AM
Quote from: TNTaylor on April 01, 2009, 12:20:40 PM
Quote from: JackL on March 31, 2009, 11:22:40 AM
I am going to try and make this. I want to meet all of you guys and do some riding!
You gonna be on your Vinson? I'll be on a Vinson cammo riding with my son hot rodding around on a blue Raptor. Flag us down if we cross paths. I know every trail and mud hole in the Hump.
Yeah, same red Vinson. My front pumpkin is broken right now, but I have another and am going to try and get it swapped in before Sunday.
Where do you enter and park at the humps anyway??
BTW: I was on 344th yesterday and about 1/2 way to Biscayne Park I saw a pretty good looking spot on the right and thought of you and the camo Vinson.
I've probably ridden the area. My son and I are guilty of covering pretty much everywhere in that area. We've been stopped countless times but never issued a ticket. You can get to the Hump off Palm Drive via the road right across from the Homestead Highschool, turn right at the stoplight. Or, a better parking area is located near the back side of the Homestead Motor Speedway. You can get back there via Palm Drive too, just keep going east until you see the trucks & trailers. I'll keep an eye out for you.
hmmmm, i might be in, sunday is a good day!
can you guys give me better instructions on were to park and ride?heard alot of the humps but never been there?i know i take the turnpike south.once after the walmart at the light im guessing i turn right(east)?then what?