I'm looking for an area where you could ride your ATV over a long distance, camp-as-you-go trail system. The ones I have found tend to be out west (Colorado and Utah). Anybody know of any areas closer to Florida? Coal Creek and Hatfield-McCoy are sort of what I'm looking for but both of them have centralized camping. Not only that, but even though H-M has 500 miles of trails, those trails are spread among 6 areas which are spread out over the state. I have heard that the northern areas of the Michigan Lower Peninsula has tons of trails but I haven't found too much information about camping along those trails. Let me know if you've ever found anything like that.
Quote from: digginfool on March 18, 2009, 08:17:31 PM
I'm looking for an area where you could ride your ATV over a long distance, camp-as-you-go trail system. The ones I have found tend to be out west (Colorado and Utah). Anybody know of any areas closer to Florida? Coal Creek and Hatfield-McCoy are sort of what I'm looking for but both of them have centralized camping. Not only that, but even though H-M has 500 miles of trails, those trails are spread among 6 areas which are spread out over the state. I have heard that the northern areas of the Michigan Lower Peninsula has tons of trails but I haven't found too much information about camping along those trails. Let me know if you've ever found anything like that.
I would look into the Wagon Wheel area of West Virginia. I have a post in out of state rides with some pics. It is just what you are looking for. I believe you can ride to three states from there, and camp all over creation if that is your desire.
check out callalantee atv and campfround just outside Britol tn. we are planning a trip there at the end of April. No rules other than helmets under 16. Open 24 hours