i was hoping someone has hadf this problem i have a honda 450s forman was out riding in all this water bike stalled after stall i had no start meaning no start from switch jumped out relay and had no spark if anyone has had this problem please help before i buy any parts it is a 1998 forman ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? thanks
my opinion from fixing cars would be whatever powersource feeds your relay feeds your ignition system. i would get a wiring diagram and check for either an inline fuse or a switch/relay which activates power to the circuit. wherever the starter relay gets power from you can pretty much bet that the ignition system does as well. but you need to look at the wiring diagram to see where the power to the starter system comes from.
Check the connections under the seat from the battery to the solenoid. I've had a simular issue with my starter switch not working properly. I took it apart, cleaned with electrical cleaner and then sprayed silicone spray all around. Works fine now :)
I DID CHECK WIRE DIAG AND SWITCH WORKS GET POWER AT TERM TO STARTER RELAY ON BOTH WIRES GOING TO RELAY I MAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH NEUTRUL SAFTY SWITCH I THINKĀ ??? ??? AND ALL FUSES ARE GOOD I AM ALSO A TECH HEAVY LINE BUT I AM STUMPED ON THIS ONE
If you run a jumper from the positive on the battery to the starter , will it start? If not, could be the starter
NO IT CRANK IF I JUMP THE STARTER CLY BUT NO SPARK
wow that is weird. sounds like it could be neutral safety switch. i'm sure you've thought of it but anyway of bypassing neutral switch. does the neutral switch kill ignition as well. maybe the control is on the ground side rather than positive. i dont know just shooting ideas out there.
Could be the neutral safety switch. Should be located near the manual shifter. Does the neutral safety switch illuminate? I'm sure the light is fed by the neutral safety switch so if it works the switch should be fine. Are you getting signal to the coil? When you tested for spark did you use the plug or a screwdriver?
Check the electrical connector on the right rear side of the bike should be behind the wheel on the frame ,it's got all the wires from the c.d.i. unit in it. Make sure there is no water in it. Jason
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP I AM GOING TO CHECK THE NEUTRAL SAFTY SWITCH CHECK CONTTINUITY I DID NOTICE MY REV LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON MY NEUTRAL LIGHT HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR SOME TIME ONLY REV WORKS THERE IS NO WATER IN THE CDI PLUG TRUST ME THIS IS VERY WIERD I WAS RUNNING IS THIS WATER ALL DAY AND TOTAL SHUT DOWN HAPPENED RIGHT WHEN I WAS LEAVING ??? ??? ???
damn leprechauns!
I HEAR YOU
Steam is one of the worse things for electronics. It gets everywhere. When I got my Rancher I took all the connections/plugs apart and loaded them up with dielectric grease. Everytime I wash the bike I spray all connections/wires/plugs with silicone. Haven't had an issue yet and I've sunk the bike many times.
SO HAVE I THE BIKE HAS BEEN TOTALY REBUIT HAS 3500 MI AND 3000 HRS ON IT BEFORE REMAN THATS A LOT OF RIDING