Well the bearing in the left front knuckle is shot so im decided to replace both side. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how it is done. I know the bearings are pressed in but i want to know if there are any tricks and maybe you can give me a step by step process on hows its done.. thanks
If you're certain they're pressed in(and not just held in with a circlip and dustcap), just take it to any shop and let them press it in. For example, Poop Boys charged me $10 to press a bearing in on an A/C tensioner.
Alos, Honda can sell you a tool that you can use with a hammer to press it in, but, that'll cost you more than letting any shop do it. It'll take them all of 5 minutes with their press.
Support the hub and drive them out with a brass punch and hammer. Do not just support outside edge you will damage the hub. I have replaced the bearings on my 4x4 rancher and my 2x4 rancher and the front bearings on the z400 that way.
any idea on what brand bearings to get. i wanna go with something better than OEM. been looking into All Balls. anybody ever heard of them? heres a link to them
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Bearings&webTypeId=151&webCatId=14&allVehParts=true&prodFamilyId=9289#vehicleSelect
so nobody has any recommendations on what brand bearings to get??
I just did the fronts on a Foreman. I got a kit from Mazur's ATV. They were on ebay. $66 bucks for both front wheels. Bearing/seal were a perfect fit. Quality is very good in IMO.
I'm sure the all balls are good too.