So my dog decided after I left the room for 10sec to eat the chicken breast I had for dinner. Ive heard that dogs arent supposed to eat cooked chicken bones because they can like splinter inside them or something? Anyone know what im talking about or am I way off? Anyone had something happen to their dog knowing this was the cause? Any help is appreciated.
My dog did the same thing last week, she decided she wanted to eat a chicken wing. I had the same concern regarding the bone splintering, I was told that the splintering usually occurs as they are eating it. If the dog already ate it they should be good.
put da dawg to sleep!!!!!!
QQ
Quote from: FIVE-O on January 21, 2009, 11:25:53 PM
My dog did the same thing last week, she decided she wanted to eat a chicken wing. I had the same concern regarding the bone splintering, I was told that the splintering usually occurs as they are eating it. If the dog already ate it they should be good.
Dogs generally just swallow there food, especially when its not there's. Watch the stool for a couple days. If there is no blood then your in good shape!!
Quote from: yfz450runner on January 21, 2009, 11:54:34 PM
Quote from: FIVE-O on January 21, 2009, 11:25:53 PM
My dog did the same thing last week, she decided she wanted to eat a chicken wing. I had the same concern regarding the bone splintering, I was told that the splintering usually occurs as they are eating it. If the dog already ate it they should be good.
Dogs generally just swallow there food, especially when its not there's. Watch the stool for a couple days. If there is no blood then your in good shape!!
Check the stool thouroughly, It is best to pick it up and squish it between your fingers to make sure there is no blood at all.
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on January 22, 2009, 06:43:22 AM
Quote from: yfz450runner on January 21, 2009, 11:54:34 PM
Quote from: FIVE-O on January 21, 2009, 11:25:53 PM
My dog did the same thing last week, she decided she wanted to eat a chicken wing. I had the same concern regarding the bone splintering, I was told that the splintering usually occurs as they are eating it. If the dog already ate it they should be good.
Dogs generally just swallow there food, especially when its not there's. Watch the stool for a couple days. If there is no blood then your in good shape!!
Check the stool thouroughly, It is best to pick it up and squish it between your fingers to make sure there is no blood at all.
rolback1 rolback1 <nanaparty> rolback1
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on January 22, 2009, 06:43:22 AM
Quote from: yfz450runner on January 21, 2009, 11:54:34 PM
Quote from: FIVE-O on January 21, 2009, 11:25:53 PM
My dog did the same thing last week, she decided she wanted to eat a chicken wing. I had the same concern regarding the bone splintering, I was told that the splintering usually occurs as they are eating it. If the dog already ate it they should be good.
Dogs generally just swallow there food, especially when its not there's. Watch the stool for a couple days. If there is no blood then your in good shape!!
Check the stool thouroughly, It is best to pick it up and squish it between your fingers to make sure there is no blood at all.
I am unfamiliar with that technique, mind coming by and showing me in my German Shepard's poop. ;)
Break out the CSI kit
I left a roast out one day to defroast well needless to say my dog ate a whole raw pot roast... the next day he exploded in my house BAD!!!!! It wasn't only on the carpet it was on the WALLS!!!! How the hell does that happen? :dunno.gif
Was it fried chicken?
Dogs belong outside :o Mine have a nice 12 x 30 Ted's Shed ,flat screen,running water,heat/ac/stereo they call home ???