Not a big fan of Arctic Cat but now it comes stock with snorkels. Anyone seen these around yet?
http://www.arctic-cat.com/atv/dirt.asp?category=UTILITY&model=700H1EFIMUDPRO
No, but it looks pretty cool.
I just got my ATV Magazine into days mail.They gave the Artic Cat a great review.The review was done at mud stock inTexas.the writer that wrote the article raced the cat in two races and according to him he finished 3rd in the first heat and 2nd in the final. long on link www.atvmagonline.com and click on week of Nov 19 and click playfor mor info.
are they using their own motor or still kawi and suzuki motors still think they got along way to go to make long lasting atv.
I saw one at the Pumpkin Run and it looked pretty nice. Never saw it going through mud or water though. The snorkels are fairly short though so not too much good for deep water. I don't think it was designed for that anyways though.
The race the author of the ATV Magazine article was in was between 2 other magazine writers and they were also on the same quad, if I remember correctly. The purpose of the race was to see how a non-mudder would perform on the machines.
They did write good things about the quad but my thoughts about it are still up in the air.
Hey at least it is one bike with snorkels that will get warrantied :)
Quote from: birddog76 on January 22, 2009, 08:43:27 PM
are they using their own motor or still kawi and suzuki motors still think they got along way to go to make long lasting atv.
As I understand it`s there own motor.
Yes the H1 is the motor they run in their mudpro. They started making their own motors a few years ago. The H2 series is still running the old kawi vtwin 700 motor.
I think its pretty cool that a company finally saw a need for something like this. The mud side of the sport takes in more riders then the racing side so it seems logical that someone would do this eventally. I think the snorkels on them are more for insurance rather then like handlebar deep water. But i mean the bike is really tall anyway. Just slap some laws and a clutch kit in it and your set. Much less work then most bikes.