ATV Florida Forum

General => Where to Ride? => Topic started by: KFX400 NPR on January 19, 2009, 03:36:09 PM

Title: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: KFX400 NPR on January 19, 2009, 03:36:09 PM
Hey guys i need to get a sticker and was wondering if anyone knows if croom is iopen today I tried calling but just get the recording

Thanks
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on January 19, 2009, 03:52:21 PM
They are open 365 days a year.
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: KFX400 NPR on January 19, 2009, 03:55:11 PM
So if i go up in a few hours there will be someone to get a sticker from at the gate?
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: TRX450R_Racer on January 19, 2009, 03:58:04 PM
Yes
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: Turboderf on January 19, 2009, 05:20:15 PM
someone  should be there from 8:00 - 5:00
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: z400250 on January 19, 2009, 06:05:45 PM
try calling 352 754-6777
but there should be someone there and if not don't worry about the sticker cause there wouldn't be anyone to bust you without it!!
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: Kevin83 on March 03, 2009, 12:31:38 AM
"Permits will be issued for two wheel cycles and 3 and 4 wheel ATVs. ATVs must meet the following requirements:
a)  Wheel base of less than 55 inches.
b)  Width of less than 45 inches.
c)  Total vehicle weight less than 500 Ibs.
d)  Travel on 3 or 4 low pressure tires.
e)  Has a seat that is designed to be straddled by the operator."

That is a copy/paste from this site http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/croom.htm

I have a suzuki kingquad 750, it weighs 601lbs, and a width of 47.6 inches, are they serious about this or is that mainly for people making stuff and calling it an ATV?
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: SpeedQuest on March 03, 2009, 01:49:48 AM
I don't think they are THAT serious about it.  But if you find a few of those tree that are 45-1/2" apart, you may live to regret it!
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: Kevin83 on March 05, 2009, 01:44:05 PM
awesome, I went up there, and tried to get a sticker, they said it was $40 right now, but that only goes until june? then you have to buy another in june, so I will just wait until june and buy one for the whole year, the guy said it's $60, I had my 4 wheeler on the trailer and he didnt say anything about the weight or dimensions of it, I assume it's just to keep people from bringing their "ho-made" stuff out there.  I would have went ahead and bought the $40 decal then just so I could ride that day, but I didnt have a helmet, nor do I now, so I have to find one by july, and that sucks to wear a helmet in the intense heat here in florida, especially that far inland..... but rules are rules, they set em, we gotta obey them. 

*also, sorry for the threadjack, but I assumed you were done with the thread, dont mean to make anyone mad especially with my first few posts
Title: Re: Croom open 1/19/09
Post by: SpeedQuest on March 10, 2009, 11:56:51 PM
Quote from: Kevin83 on March 05, 2009, 01:44:05 PM
but I didnt have a helmet, nor do I now, so I have to find one by july, and that sucks to wear a helmet in the intense heat here in florida, especially that far inland

LOL!  What sucks is not wearing a helmet and then developing an acute hole or crack in your head through which most of your blood leaks out.  All of a sudden, the intense heat in Florida seems insignificant.