hello all,
What i need to know is if anyone with a rzr notices that it looses its suspension rather quickly once the bike gets into mud and trails.I am running 26x14 tires and will be switching to 28's with a 2inch lift.Would suspension upgrade be the way to go?The RZR is realy impressive in the mud and trails however it just bottoms out alot.Any input will be greatly appreciated.
I have 27" ITP 589 on my stock sup. I am not sure about 28" tires (if you need a lift) I also have noticed it bottoming out in the mud but it still goes good even when you think you have bottomed out. I am thinking it bottoms out because it has a longer wheel base not so much the ground clearance. I personally don't like lifts because of the added stress on the CVs. I know you can upgrade the CVs and the axles I just like the challenge of seeing where I can take my RZR when it is basically stock. I also disconnected my front sway bar for added articulation in the front end but it does add a little body roll in the corners a higher speeds.
(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/IXIswamperIXI/th_DSC00846.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/IXIswamperIXI/?action=view¤t=DSC00846.jpg)
(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/IXIswamperIXI/th_DSC00845.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/IXIswamperIXI/?action=view¤t=DSC00845.jpg)
(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/IXIswamperIXI/th_DSC00843.jpg) (http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/IXIswamperIXI/?action=view¤t=DSC00843.jpg)
yea,
I have disconnected my swaybar as well and it has made a difference.I already have to buy a new underbelly pan.I was wondering if i got evan walker shocks or somthing similar if it would squat less.
hmm... I am not sure. Have you "clicked" your stock ones up. If not that might help.
lift kits kill ball joints and cvs, dont lift it whatever you do. you could try clicking it up a notch on the shocks as mentioned above but if you dont have adjustable rebound it could give you a more springy ride.
Gen I RZR 3" lift / 27" ITP mudlites / shocks up 2 notches. been like this for over a year now and never had ball joints or CV problems. but keep in mind I'm 47 and dont beat the hell out of it either. But I do mud and trails at S.E.
2" lift 27" mudlites and 1 click in on shocks.This setup seems to work real well for me ATM.
I also ride slow and dont beat the thing to death.Also I just found that hi-lifter makes replacement springs for our stock shocks to help reduce the squatting.
Every RZR I have seen in the mud squats when moving but I have yet the see a RZR stuck.
I havnt realy been stuck since i raised it and added the 27's.
The RZR stock springs suck. Got to go to after market springs or shocks too.
I put the HighLifter springs on, then set it to 2 notches up front and back.
I happy with that so far.
I may consider the FOX shocks later but I got other upgrades planned first.
Got a 09 RZR and continue to add access's nearly every quarter.
I'm putting half doors on soon, a cargo box, second set of fender flares, and I need
another skid plate. It never ends.
:dunno.gif
I have a rubber down customs spring spacer on all 4 shocks to help with squatting
Quote from: RubiconJim on January 17, 2010, 12:48:23 AM
The RZR stock springs suck. Got to go to after market springs or shocks too.
I put the HighLifter springs on, then set it to 2 notches up front and back.
I happy with that so far.
I may consider the FOX shocks later but I got other upgrades planned first.
Got a 09 RZR and continue to add access's nearly every quarter.
I'm putting half doors on soon, a cargo box, second set of fender flares, and I need
another skid plate. It never ends.
:dunno.gif
Your not kidding I broke another axle (both rear now) guess I am too ruff on it ???